Hey there

Options
Trying to find tips on how to start running more often. I’m just not the biggest fan of running but I’m trying. Any tips!?

Replies

• VolsG8rH8r
    VolsG8rH8r Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Make it your job and own it! Good luck!
  • FickleFruitBat
    FickleFruitBat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Start slow and your endurance will build with time. What works for me is listening to audio books while I run (or podcasts- whatever is interesting.) Hard to stop when you're dying to hear just one more chapter.

If it starts to hurt more than reasonable muscle soreness, take it down a few notches. Injuries slow down training! A good stretch beforehand helps, of course.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The C25K app worked well for me when I was starting off. It seems ridiculously slow at first, but you'll be surprised at how you are able to run longer as you progress.
  • Nikki_Lee12
    Nikki_Lee12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I never liked running and now run 3-5 miles every other morning. Running outside has always been easier to me but once I started watching Netflix while running on the treadmill I prefer the treadmill. I download a couple episodes on my ipod and prop it up on the treadmill and you'll be amazed at how quickly the time flies! Especially if you are super into the show. Right now I am watching Dexter. It has been awesome because the episodes are 45-50 mins long so I allow myself a walk warm up and then don't allow myself to stop running until the episode is over. It's also 8 seasons long so I have been doing this for a month.

Good Luck!!
  • tugboatcapt
    tugboatcapt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started by scheduling one in a week just to help with cardio while I focused on lifting. Now I’m flipped. I run predominantly.
  • wonder_years2010
    wonder_years2010 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!