I maaaay be obsessed with my Instant Pot

Options
Evette7
Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
I have been on and off mfp for years and always lose weight, run away and come crawling back. I am back and doing well and would like to see if anyone has any healthy meals that they love to make in an Instant Pot since its all I use during the busy week!

Thanks!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am loving my instapot too!

I do salsa chicken
    - chicken breasts
    - salsa

slow cook for 8 hours, or pressure cook on poultry for 25 mins. Yup, thats it, 2 ingredients. Shred, and put it on tortillas or a salad.

Lots of threads dedicated to instapot recipes in the recipe board, make sure you check it out!
  • HutchMCMLXXV
    HutchMCMLXXV Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got one (8qt). Add me if you don't mind helping this Insta-Pot Newbie out.

Oh yeah, I'm trying to lose a lot of weight too, so I'm always looking for new healthy meals.
  • alwayztalkin
    alwayztalkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one! Can you recommend any websites with good recipes?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Following this thread! I just ordered a 6 qt one on Amazon (prime day) for a really great price. Excited to learn how to use it!
  • kcecy4
    kcecy4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following this thread! I don't use my instant pot very much and would love to start!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I buy a large package of raw chicken breasts, about 4 pounds, and put it in the instant pot with a can of chicken broth. I pressure cook it on high for 10 minutes and it is done and ready to be put in the fridge to be used for the next few days for my husband and myself for salads. If there’s more than we need, then I freeze it for later use. Way too convenient!
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend joining any of the big groups on FB for a instant Pot users! Tons of tips, tricks and recipes!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I just cooked white rice with an equal amount of water, hit the rice button. Faster than my rice cooker. I may donate the rice cooker and buy another, smaller IP.