Hello, I am new here (about 3 weeks) and still trying to learn how to use the site.

Options
I have not figured out how to reply to posts. Could someone help a grandma of 12 with IT matters? Lol... Also, does anyone have advice regarding (possible purchase of) Fitbit 2 and whether or not it helps in weight loss? :)

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    To reply to a specific comment hit the quote button then type your reply and post as for Fitbit it won't help you lose weight only a calorie deficit will do that it can help you understand that you burn calories 24/7 and help with fitness goals I've had mine since February and I love it :)
  • sweetsal64
    sweetsal64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    To reply to a specific comment hit the quote button then type your reply and post as for Fitbit it won't help you lose weight only a calorie deficit will do that it can help you understand that you burn calories 24/7 and help with fitness goals I've had mine since February and I love it :)

Hello. Thank you for your advice. I didn't know about the "quote" button...go figure! So, if this goes through, I am grateful for you tutorial. :) Thank you also for Fitbit information. I am researching it further as was told it can sync with my phone. -Sally from Illinois
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    sbrashaw64 wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »

Hello. Thank you for your advice. I didn't know about the "quote" button...go figure! So, if this goes through, I am grateful for you tutorial. :) Thank you also for Fitbit information. I am researching it further as was told it can sync with my phone. -Sally from Illinois

Yes I went through with Fitbit you get a app on your phone and it's syncs with mfp so if you do any exercise you don't have to input it into mfp because Fitbit does it all for you. Fitbit also calculates how many calories you can consume in a day based off your activity level and calorie burn
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have not figured out how to reply to posts. Could someone help a grandma of 12 with IT matters? Lol... Also, does anyone have advice regarding (possible purchase of) Fitbit 2 and whether or not it helps in weight loss? :)

Hi and welcome to mfp. I have a Fitbit Alta and find it very encouraging you really want to get more steps in, you can join friends in there too. What would you like to know about the site?
    When wanting to comment just click on the post and then type reply.

Good luck, it helps to have done supportive friends on her too
  • sweetsal64
    sweetsal64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the welcome post. I'm not sure what a Fitbit Alta is compared to a Fitbit 2. A friend of mine has the same phone as me (S7) and said that the Fitbit 2 was compatible and also had an easy-to-read watch face. As a 54 year old, the easy-to-read watch face is important. It also has reminders for appointments and meetings. Does your Alta have those features? I've been on this site for over 3 weeks and just today learned how to comment. I work a lot, so have limited time to be on here. Thank you again. -Sally from Illinois
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the welcome post. I'm not sure what a Fitbit Alta is compared to a Fitbit 2. A friend of mine has the same phone as me (S7) and said that the Fitbit 2 was compatible and also had an easy-to-read watch face. As a 54 year old, the easy-to-read watch face is important. It also has reminders for appointments and meetings. Does your Alta have those features? I've been on this site for over 3 weeks and just today learned how to comment. I work a lot, so have limited time to be on here. Thank you again. -Sally from Illinois

Hi Sally. No the Alta doesn't have those features you mentioned, I wish you well with the purchase
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The fitbit 2 will suit your needs. Just dont use the cal gained from walking etc to eat more just stick to your cal limit set by this app. BTW 58 year old granddad of 4 😊