40+ needing to lose 20 +

Options
I'm 42 and recently went off some medication that caused me to gain 15 lbs in one month. Good thing about quitting my meds...I have my motivation back! I'm looking to lose at least 20 lbs. Hoping this website can help keep me on track. It looks VERY promising. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Replies

• akunce
    akunce Posts: 29
    Options
    I too gained weight from meds! Having a hard time losing it! Hope you have better luck! Never give up and keep eating healthy! Thats the most important- health not weight! Good luck!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    *hugs*

Allow your body to heal from the bad medicine, and just make sure you get adequate hours of sleep, drink at least 64 oz of water per day and stretch your muscles every day!

Then you may worry about what workouts to do, how often, what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, etc. No starvations!

Best of luck to you in all things!
  • chanceA
    chanceA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am currently on meds that should cause me to gain weight. It was the thing that finally motivated me to get serious about my exercise and diet. I am down 9 lbs since I started the meds. I hope to be down that much more before 9/1, about which time I will hopefully become pregnant by IVF. I am 47.
  • n2mystical1
    Options
    I was actually very surprised that I gained weight after I quit taking the meds, as they are know to cause weight gain WHILE on them. It was the exact opposite for me. Thanks for the suggestions...i'm gonna try my hardest not to get discouraged. I know lbs. gained in this fashion are HARD to drop.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its great that you are motivated.

I am in my 40s and had surgery and its very very tough snapping back.

All I can say is keep yourself motivated and keep track of everything.

Best of Luck to you.
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 with 105 to lose. I would love to get off blood pressured meds. Welcome aboard. For the most part this is a very friendly group. Just be honest with what you log and your serving size. You'll do great. :)