Affordable HRM

Options
I would like to get a HRM but I don't really have any extra money right now. Does anyone have a suggestion for a VERY affordable one? (And no, $100 is not affordable right now).

Also, is it ok to get a watch one if you just want a general idea of calories burned, or are thoes very inaccurate?

Thank you.

Replies

• chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wal mart has them for under 20 bucks
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I really like my sportline duo 1010...I got it in the store for $65 and it was the least expensive...with that being said you may find it even cheaper online. Mine has a chest strap which I strongly recommend
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The cheap 27 dollar SlimLine HRM at walmart is junk, I would jus't keep saving until you can afford to get a better one like a Polar FT4 for around $89 dollars
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I got a Sportline at Kmart for $30. It's pretty accurate.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    With HRM's you get what you pay for, I would save your money and get one that works and is accurate rather than buying a $20 one that will be more hassle that its worth. Its an investment in your health and look for a Polar FT4 or FT7 and see if you can find one with the chest strap, it will be a lot more accurate.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I went to amazon.com and got a Polar FT4 for 58.00 and that included shipping. I LOVE it!! Very user friendly, affordable, and does have a chest strap!
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    I also got the Polar FT4 from Amazon for $58. I love it and it works great.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I also got the Polar FT4 from Amazon for $58. I love it and it works great.
    i also got it off amazon for this price. I LOVE MY FT4!!
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    Check eBay. I got my Polar FT7 for $79 including shipping. It's $89 plus tax in stores.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i also wanted to know. thanks.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 on Amazon for $63 about a month ago.
  • morningstarluv
    Options
    bump