dry roasted edamame

vampee
vampee Posts: 103 Member
These little things are a great source of protein and fiber. In only 1/4 a cup you receive 14 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. They also have some calcium, iron and so on. They are a great little snack for on the go or you can use them on salads and what not. I liked them before using MFP but now they are a daily staple.

Just a friendly F.Y.I

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    I love those! A whole bag is only $1.30 at the specialty food store :-D
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    I know. They are so awesome and easy. i have let so many people try them (not healthy eaters mind you) and they all love or like them.
  • I love edamame but haven't tried them dry toasted.. wish I could find these near me ):
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    My husband buys them dry and them bakes them in the oven with whatever seasons he likes, chili powder, garlic etc.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I've been looking out for these for five months now, never on sale on their own :(
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    I've only had them steamed and they are yummy! Dry and roasted sound DELICIOUS!!! I am going to have to try them that way.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Just happened to have picked up a bag today. One of my favorite parts of going for sushi is the big bowl of fresh steamed edamame that we devour beforehand!
  • Love them myself! have you ever had the wasabi edamame? or the Goji/Edamame blend? YUM
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    They're even supposed to slow down hair loss. Great for us guys!!
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks...where can I buy them?
  • Love them! I like the wasabi flavor...really cleans my sinuses XD
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    I've been buying these recently, problem is I can only find them salted which isn't that great. Plus I get slightly addicted to them so I limit myself.

For those in the UK you can pick them up in the 'snacking' aisle next to the normal nuts / fruit & nut mixes.

nik
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    I just got some off Nuts online com, I got a pound of dry roasted salted Edamame and Cranberry beans.

Good stuff, they are a good source of protein.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    dark chocolate covered (i got them at sprouts). they were so good!

they seem high in calories though(not even chocolate covered), is that just me thinking that?
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Sounds good, I'll have to try those! I have dry roasted garbonzo beans before and they then out super yummy too!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    serving size... 50G (1.8oz)
    cal 210
    Protein 18 grams!! WOW!
    Fiber 18% WOW!

worth the snack