Looking for accountability buddies!

Options
Hey all! I'm an early thirties Chicagoan who is struggling a bit with motivation at the moment.

Over the past two years I've lost 40lbs and discovered a love of running. I hurt my knee and wasn't running regularly for the past several months, and have gained about 15 back recently. I'm ostensibly running the Chicago marathon, so it's time to get real serious with my diet and my training. I'm looking for some friends to help motivate me to get back on the wagon with eating well...curbing my love of craft beer haha.

If you're a runner in Chicago who would want to knock out some relatively slow miles on the LFT some time, that would be awesome as well :)

Replies

• mlparker1989
    mlparker1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m not in Chicago, but I’d love to be accountability buddies. I hate to say I’m not fond of running, but I love lifting weights. 🙂
  • jael73hpr99
    jael73hpr99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also am not in Chicago, and I prefer HIIT and weight lifting over running, but I would like to have accountability buddies too~~^^ I struggle with motivation, especially since losing weight takes a long time for me!
  • cdesquer
    cdesquer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I share your love of craft beer! I think I'll be like a spring-if I eliminate it from my diet I'll go crazy when I have a craving and totally blow it. I'm wondering if I should choose a goal of how many I should have a week, or use it as a reward on a day I work out-like I have to earn the calories first. Have you found something that works for you?