OMG Is that really my butt?

Options
mjrc2
mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
Hi, I am new to this site. My name is Meg. I have gained sixty pounds in a year..I have been going through some stuff...it is getting better. I am in college full time and I work full time and somehow I have gained 60 lbs. I last weighed myself last summer-and got on a scale today and could not believe it. I knew my clothes were not fitting very well, and I had really fallen out of shape. I did not realize that it had gotten this bad. Now that I think of it, my weight gain is probably the reason my feet have been hurting so badly lately. So I have some work to do. I love to cook and do enjoy eating healthy, but lately I have been so busy, meals have been take-out pizza and microwave popcorn... I also have started to eliminate meat from my diet-not completely, but almost. Mainly because organic/local meat is so expensive and factory meat is not something I am willing to buy anymore. So here I go!

Replies

• pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. you got this! I'm a fulltime grad student and work part to full time so I know how hard it can be at times. I hope you do well and if you want to you can add me.
  • jael73hpr99
    jael73hpr99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Meg! I am also a college student. You can definitely reach your goals, especially if your main weight gain culprit was an unusual period of unhealthy eating! Feel free to check out my profile and add me as well! I would love to have an accountability partner, by the way, so if you're interested, message me!
  • mjrc2
    Options
    Thanks folks!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You can do this for sure! Recognizing that you need a change is the first and biggest step, so you're already on your way!

There are lots of quick meals you can make that are healthy. I eat mostly a plant-based diet with small amounts of animal protein and I never feel like I'm missing out on anything. Lots of tasty options that can still meet your calorie goals.
  • mjrc2
    Options
    I am actually pretty passionate about eating well, its the hectic schedule affecting my diet and the cruddy neighborhood that kinda keeps me inside too much. I eat a mostly plant based diet too. Greens and kale are a staple when I am home. As long as I refrain from ordering out, and control the emotional eating at work, I think I will be fine, that's where the problem lies- Senario- Hectic at work, everything is going to *kitten*, so on break I unhinge my jaw around a whoopie pie AND a 500 calorie cookie before I even realize it, even though I have good food that I brought from home! -I do that way too much, and I am aware that it stems from feeling frustrated and not being able to do anything about it, so I am changing things up. I am aware that I have a weird comfort thing with sugar. I am just not going to bring money to work-that way I cannot buy crappy junk. If I can do that, I will be better in no time!