Just was curious about something

Options
L0vAnj
L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Do women and men lose weight and inches differently?

If so how does it affect there body differently? Does it depend on how they diet?

Example:

If women eat better but only do light exercise like walking
and men do the same how does this affect there bodies differently?

If you are to do the above will this keep you from losing excess skin or will it still help tighten your body as long as you lose weight in a slow pace?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do women and men lose weight and inches differently?

Every body loses it in different places, different rates. Genetics more than gender.
  • L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I guess what I meant is not specifically where they lose weight and at what rate, but more of if I need to look into more specific basic information about how women lose weight then generic information that could apply to some but not all based on gender.

From what I have read men are more likely to lose weight or gain muscle much faster or easier than a woman could and I am trying to understand how both bodies function differently and the reasons why our bodies function differently.

Sorry if I am not getting my point across I have a hard time explaining things.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Create a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. That applies to both men and women.
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle or weight depends on hormones and muscle volume on a body. So Men and Women are may lose weight in a different way. Fat accumulation may differ between men and women also. Don't compare yourself with men, compare yourself only with you. Because also it has a genetic origin as well.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You’re question is confusing but generally men lose fat from their lower body first and belly fat last, women are more estrogen dominant so generally hold onto lower body fat. But there’s plenty of women who lose their legs and boobs first and then their stomach. It all boils down to genetics. If you want to prevent as much lose skin as possible then lose weight slowly. Build muscle too.