Exercises to help with this *pics

Options
My daughter will be 1 year old in two weeks and i still cant get rid of this belly fat, anyone have suggestions?
Snapshotofme33.jpg
Snapshotofme36.jpg

Replies

• QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    umm...I'll take your stomach as it is! You look great.
    But I guess the standard crunches and such would help tone it up some. I really like Jillian Michaels' ab workouts, they incorporate other body parts during ab workouts so increase calorie burn.
    Good luck!
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the only way to lose fat but....have you been doing sit ups or crunches and NOT pulling your belly in? This can actually make your muscles extend in a poof.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose belly fat is to eat healthy and burn calories. You can do all the ab exercises you need to get a 6 pack but until you eat right and burn fat it will always be there. Try HIIT or other interval programs to burn fat.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    By the way, your belly looks great. And I would not be worried in the least....but as I said prior, cardio and crunches done the correct way.
  • larimarless
    Options
    You look fine to me! But how about recumbent cycling. Tones up the abs and glutes along with the legs.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Shoot, if you don't want your belly.. Can I have it?! Mine has battle wounds from my 3 pregnancies and 2 c-sections.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Looks great to me!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the only way to lose fat but....have you been doing sit ups or crunches and NOT pulling your belly in? This can actually make your muscles extend in a poof.

Seriously? Get your facts straight my lady...
  • ollybollysmommy
    ollybollysmommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i have scoliosis and back problems so ab exercises are always hard for me to do. i probably do the crunches wrong, any advice?
    i have been doing jillian michaels 30 day shred i finished the 30 days and im going back and fourth from level 2 to level 3 but im getting bored.
  • ollybollysmommy
    Options
    Shoot, if you don't want your belly.. Can I have it?! Mine has battle wounds from my 3 pregnancies and 2 c-sections.

im willing to share? lol see my husband and are planning on having another next year and it sucks to think i have to do this all over again, i wasnt those blessed women who go back to skinny toned body without doing some type of exercise.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Lots of ladies would kill to have your amount of belly fat :tongue:

The only way to further reduce it is to further reduce your overall body fat percentage.

You cannot spot reduce. No amount of crunches or ab work will give you a 6 pack ... you will still have a layer of fat over the top. How much body fat you need to reduce is a matter of genetics..
  • ollybollysmommy
    Options
    Lots of ladies would kill to have your amount of belly fat :tongue:

The only way to further reduce it is to further reduce your overall body fat percentage.

You cannot spot reduce. No amount of crunches or ab work will give you a 6 pack ... you will still have a layer of fat over the top. How much body fat you need to reduce is a matter of genetics..

damn :( my genetics are not so good
  • ollybollysmommy
    Options
    Also does anyone know why i would feel a popping when i do ab workouts?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Shoot, if you don't want your belly.. Can I have it?! Mine has battle scars from my 3 pregnancies and 2 c-sections.

im willing to share? lol see my husband and are planning on having another next year and it sucks to think i have to do this all over again, i wasnt those blessed women who go back to skinny toned body without doing some type of exercise.

Girl, you look great! I was no where near my "original" size after my first child.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    With belly fat, it really is necessary to eat very well if you wanna get rid of it. That being said, I highly recommend pilates to every woman who says she wants to tone her tummy. I have been working out consistently, doing weights and cardio, since July of 2010. Well, in January at the recommendation of my BFF, I started doing mat pilates dvds at home. I tell you, I saw results in my abs in a week, no lie. I also improved my diet, but I really believe that the pilates has had a huge, positive impact on my tummy, thighs, and butt, plus my cellulite is gone. I lost 25lbs between January and May, and have maintained at 125lbs since then. I also do Ab Ripper X 3 times a week, but not the whole P90X program. I have an 18 month old, BTW.
  • Katie3784
    Options
    Having babies is what makes your abs pooch out. I really wish I knew how to fix this in myself, and I definitely pull in my abs during workouts.
  • Katie3784
    Options
    Also does anyone know why i would feel a popping when i do ab workouts?
    where is the popping coming from? I know I hear a pop everytime I do any workout that requires lowering and lifting my legs, and it comes from my right groin/hip area.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i would like to have your stomach! just sayin'! :)

just eat healthy, watch sodium intake, and sugars.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Clearly, you see a belly that we aren't seeing. You look amazing.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow, I haven't had any children and your stomach looks better than mine!