Be sure to Doublecheck Food Database!

Options
Just realized that after using MFP for a few weeks that the coffeemate french vanilla creamer I was using everyday from the database is not accurate! It was only adding about 35 calories for 3-4 tablespoons! I wish! More like one hundred and something for 4 tablespoons! Whoops! I usually doublecheck that the calories and fat are accurate but I guess I didn't for creamer. Live and learn. So, always doublecheck that the foods you are using from the database are accurate!

Saddest part of all: I'm going to need to cut back on my coffeemate creamer or find a less caloric version (that is just as tasty). I really try to avoid fake sugars as much as possible. Suggestions?

I've been having my morning coffee with vanilla creamer for like 10 years! It just makes my mornings start out on a good note.

Replies

• fairygirl716
    Options
    I use vanilla almond milk. I think this tastes awesome! I use the unsweetened version and use a couple packets of Ideal. However, you could use the sweetened if you don't use a sugar replacement. Almond milk is great for you and low in calories!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You should always check the entries for accuracy, absolutely.
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options
    I hear ya! My coffeemate creamer is the one crutch I have that I refuse to give up. I have switched to the sugarfree hazelnut though and I love it. I also have been drinking more cold coffee drinks and I use a vanilla soy milk in that. It's awesome!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I cook, I always check the calories so when I put it in MFP I am aware of what calories it should be. Although at first I was missing the fact that some of the other stuff is not accurate like carbs, fats etc.
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use liquid vanilla cream stevia, and almond milk. I like it.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You should always check the entries for accuracy, absolutely.

I learned this the first week I joined in January. Double check everything!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just switch to half and half...at least it's REAL food and you get some nutritional value with those calories....
  • MeanWeen80
    Options
    Almond milk...yummy!!! They have flavored versions too. And like twice the calcium as cows milk...