Pulling stomach and bits in

Ok my weight loss is going pretty well near 4 stone in 7 months but I think my stomach is getting rather "loose" as in ive lost weight on it and fitting into smaller clothing but its very soft stomach almost like excess skin sorta thing, will this just pull in and stuff naturally as I carry on eating better and exercising + some weights? Or should I be doing certain things to ensure all goes to plan?

Photos-
http://www.photobucket.com/tomsweightloss

password = myfitnesspal

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    I would do some ab exercises along with everything else in order to build up the muscle there.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Add some weight training in if you aren't doing it now:) You can't tell your body to loose weight exactly where you want, but I know the one thing that keeps my stomach pulled in (especially after having my baby) was jogging every other day along with pilots moves for the abs.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    slightly worried about this myself bump for a read later
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Muscle burns more calories then fat, so when you build more muscle, your work outs with burn more fat!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I heard Jillian Michael's 30 day shred helps with your core. I have the same loose skin issue as I"ve lost 84 pounds, but right now Im not aloud to work out due to a disc slipping in my back.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    weight training will help. You do not want to be small and jiggly but small and firm!
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    I have heard that the younger you are, the easier it will be for the skin to shrink. Lifting weights helps, I think, and time. lots of water too
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    it depends on how much loose skin you have...
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    well when I reach a desired weight or near it like 15lbs away or something Im going to start doing some more intense toning stuff like p90x once I reach <13stone (at 14.10 now) I tend to do around 5km on the treadmill 3 times per week and when the weathers good (has been a couple of weeks) around 12miles of a night twice a week on my bike.

My gym routine also twice a week tends to include weights

Sitting shoulder press - 4 sets 10 reps 40lbs
    Lateral pull downs - 4 sets 10 reps 35lbs
    Bench press - 2 sets 10 reps 40lbs then 2 sets 10 reps 45lbs
    Chest fly - 3 sets 10reps 35lbs

And couple of leg weight machines, I dont think its so much excess skin even just more of a beer belly over my jeans/trousers a little, its still kinda solid (as in theres fat there its not just skin hanging) lol so its prob just me being conscious!
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    It could be saggy muscles that need to be toned. However, it could be loose skin. Sometimes loose skin will snap back but sometimes it does not. Skin elasticity is different in each person depending on age, ethnicity, genetics and amount of weight lost. If it does not go back then sorry to say, it only gets better with surgery or you just choose to ignore the loose skin.
  • T_William
    well iv added a link to photos in my 1st post
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    photos need a password...
    But like everyone else said, just work core. I really like JM 30 day shred
  • Maybe as soon as you start seeing the excess skim start a LOT of lotion massages and keep drinking a lot of water.
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    Here is a website with some information on loose skin, I punched in weight loss and loose skin which resulted in many returns. Look at each site carefully, many seem to promote surgery but then again these sites are Doctor's sites, not an unbiased opinion.

This one seemed the best:
    http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • T_William
    Password is below the link for those who have msgd me asking!