Insanity & more?

Options
I start back at school on the 24th, this month & I'm going to be doing Insanity after classes. Which is 3pm. I was wondering if doing extra stuff would be healthy. Like additional exercising, ex: running/jogging. Plus, there's a weights-room at my school & I plan on doing that too.
Insanity is a intense-workout & I'm questioning whether it's fine to do extra, like would it take a serious toll on my body? Also, currently my intake is 1200 cals. What's the basic I should be intaking when I start Insanity?

I want to lose 33 lbs. My intake of cals is 1200 because I'm not doing anything active, ex: running, gym, etc. When school starts back up, I'm getting into grind with my physical activities. Basically, on vacation (still).

Replies

• hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity as well and I also do extra work. I jog/run and have a Kinect game that I do cardio work with too. It' important to space them out, however. For example, I do Insanity in the morning before classes (my classes start at 8 so its an early morning! lol) and then do my side workout after class aroung 4-5 before dinner which is also my recovery meal (=
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't know your current goals but your calorie number appears low. Anything cardiovascular is great for you. I know that kickboxing classes that are generally about an hour long burn about 1000 calories. Insanity is good but you'll get a lot more motivation in a class as well as friends to help you maintain your goal.
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    bump

going to be starting insanity tomorrow & would like to see what ppl have to say as well
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would agree the calorie intake seems very low especially for a cardio program like Insanity!