Weighing in

Options
Sweetzyd
Sweetzyd Posts: 869 Member
How often should I weigh myself? I weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as fluctuations don't get you down, daily is fine
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Personal preference.

If the water weight fluctuations are going to freak you out (and as women we have those A LOT), then don't weigh every day.

If it's not going to freak you out, go for it.

I like the information, personally. I know if I have spaghetti for dinner, I will be up 2 lbs the next day, every time. I know I gain 2-3 pounds at ovulation AND a couple days before my period. Because I am aware of these types of things, I don't freak out.
  • vinovinovino
    vinovinovino Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weekly just to make sure your weight doesn’t fluctuate so much. You’re most likely to be heavier before and during the first couple days of period. Maybe weighing yourself the day when your period ends will be more accurate and see the progress every cycle.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I weighed daily.

If I only weighed on Friday, how would I know that would be the lowest (or highest) weight for that week? I could conceivably get more stressed out if I happened to hit it on the high day and conversely if Friday was randomly a low day, I might think, "Wheeeeee - free weekend!" It was better for me in every way to weigh daily. It also got me into the habit so I don't just forget on Friday and then start forgetting every Friday.

Now I am at my goal weight, I weigh on Mondays. Keeps me mindful over the weekend. If I'm up more than three pounds from last week, I weigh every day again until I'm back at my goal weight.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone's input! 😊
  • lisa9620
    lisa9620 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and record it on the personal diary on MFP (just for myself) but then I use Friday as a "weigh in" day where I put my weekly results up in one of the weigh in groups on here :)
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I’m the same way. Weigh myself every morning. Personally it doesn’t get me down but... I don’t log my weight on here every day but I do log it on the app Happy Scale. It shows your fluctuations over time and averages your weight to give you a more accurate representation of your actual weight. It’s a free app and kind of interesting to see the trends after a month or two.