Ring size changes?

Options
I didn't know which section to put this under, so here we are.

Has anyone had to re-size their ring(s) due to their weight loss? Mine isn't quite to the falling off stage yet, but it does come off fairly easily. The thing is though, I weighed less 7 years ago when I got it.

Replies

• khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings are loose and I was at least 15 lbs less when I got married. Maybe they wore away through the years? Weird though…I'm going to re-size when I get to goal. In the meantime I am either very careful when I wear my rings or I leave them off.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    i've down to normal size ring sizes :D
    but I just went down one size.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same stage you are, my ring is really loose. I plan on resizing when I'm at my goal. If it ever gets so loose that it falls off, I'll put in on a chain around my neck.
  • Cchappell10
    Options
    I personally haven't had that issue, haven't lost enough weight, but my husband has lost about 60 pounds, and his wedding ring literally falls off of him all the time. And it's made from a material that can't be resized. :( As far as weighing less before, maybe you have more muscle on you now? So you weigh more than before but less fat so your fingers have shrunk?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    my wedding ring slide all over my finger now but i havent resized it yet, probably will after i get to my goals
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    If I sling my hand too hard, my rings will fall off. I'm nervous about getting them re-sized though because I'm afraid the diamonds may fall out if the band size is altered. Also, with the price of gold, I don't want some unscrupulous jeweler stealing any of the gold off my ring.. but those are my hang ups ;)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've had to resize my wedding and engagement from a 9 to a 6 and they are starting to get lose again but I'm going to wait before another resize.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

Get one of these until you're at your goal weight. Works like a charm!

41l82ktmbTL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Emitations-Sizing-Ring-Guard/dp/B0028BSEOI
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I don't have a wedding ring but a promise ring and I had to get a umm ring spacer thing to keep it from falling off!!!
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    My wedding band is a size 6, after I gained weight I wore a 9 and because the ring is so small and delicate it couldn't be re-sized so I sometimes wear it as a necklace. My fingers are funny, they are the first to lose weight and the first to gain weight. Sometimes in the summer I have a hard time waring rings that usually fit fine. I've never had to re -size a ring yet, but I do hope I can one day fit back into the ones I have. :-)
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    When I got the ring, I did have a lot more muscle than I do now, and still weighed less. I don't know.

I knew that my ring has been pretty loose for a bit now, but today was the worst. I was drying my hands with paper towels and pulled it off while doing that. That was a bit scary.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My ring is very loose now. I have not had it resized, but I should do it soon. My watch band also needs to have a couple of links removed. You probably have more muscle now, which is denser than fat. So you could weigh less then but occupy more space than you do now. :)
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, my rings stopped fitting when I got pregnant and haven't fit since then. I weigh about 20 pounds less than I did when I got married but I still can't get them on :( I'm hoping another 10 pounds or so and then I can start wearing them again!! And I will definitely get them re-sized when I get to goal, but that's still almost 80 pounds away!
  • Violet319
    Violet319 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently had mine resized from a 7 to a 6. Now the 6 is getting to be to big.So excited...can't wait to have it sized AGAIN!!!! :)
  • jlschuh44
    jlschuh44 Posts: 218
    Options
    Great idea...I've never seen anything like this.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yep, had to get mine re-sized. My jeweler told me it was a one time thing because of the way the diamonds are set. So, I had to be sure I was pretty much at goal..
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I got a new ring in February and it was very snug and fit perfect! Now it slides around but hasn't fallen off yet. I'm sure I'll have to have it resized eventually. woohoo.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    It's getting worse for me. Last week my wedding ring and guard flew off of my finger twice while working out at the gym. I'm to the point where I now think I'm going to start taking them off when I work out. They spin around my finger like crazy and I'm so worried that I'm going to loose stones from it.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

Get one of these until you're at your goal weight. Works like a charm!

41l82ktmbTL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Emitations-Sizing-Ring-Guard/dp/B0028BSEOI

This^^^^^^^ I went to a reputable jeweler and I paid $10 for the sizers for my wedding set. Works fabulous!!!!!!!! Plus they cleaned my ring:bigsmile:
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've been wearing a substitute ring for my wedding ring until I take it in to be resized. It was so loose I was worried I would lose it.