No gimmicks-105 pounds lost using CICO

Options
2»

Replies

• kittykatt021
    kittykatt021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you. There obviously is hope I can't work out three hours a day for 6-7 days aweek anymore...plus I feel hopeless
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are really an inspiration! Back to basics.
  • heymossy
    heymossy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your story and pictures are inspirational. Thanks for sharing the story of your hard work and long term success.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hats off to you. You are an inspiration. You look fabulous
  • umberd
    umberd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I am starting today and I needed to see someone's success because I've been failing for a few years now. Thank you for sharing your story and your pics and WELL DONE!
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @kittykatt021 The first thing I learned was how to measure and weigh foods. Then I learned how to go online and choose my meal before eating out. I knew how many calories I needed to lose weight but I didn’t know how many I was burning in a day. I got a Fitbit. It was a learning process.

Some days I went swimming and some days I walked. Then one day I felt the urge to run. It was amazing. I seldom used the gym, except as a guest, because it was not sustainable for me.

I chose to cut back on or change calorie heavy foods. Instead of ranch dressing, I chose a vinaigrette. I developed a taste for new things. There is power in learning. Education is key.

Food is first and foremost energy. It can be enjoyed but its purpose is to give us energy. Losing weight is hard because we are taking in less energy than we need. It’s normal to feel tired and hungry. Personally, I ate smaller portions throughout the day and sometimes walked in place or danced on the porch before bed if my calories were over for the day.

Don’t give up. It’s worth all the hard work and frustration. If you fail one day, learn from it and get back on track. You CAN do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!