Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Why? What happens?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Over the course of a week my macros are reasonably close to what I have set them to. From day to day they are all over the place. It makes no difference to achieving goals. I'd be worried if I went over my calorie goal every day though because that is what is important for me to maintain my weight and what was important in losing it too.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How slight is slightly.? Perspective is useful in more than painting.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why? No one hits their macro goals 100% bang on. That would be a level of micromanagement that would drive me bonkers. Getting close is enough for horseshoes, hand grenades, and nutrition.

Don't they? ;) I think it's fun...
    (obviously I don't expect that I'm eating exactly 100%, there's going to be margins of error in everything and I just like it to look good on paper)

But that said, I think hate is kind of an unnecessarily harsh and worthless emotion to attach to a food diary.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    FlVF wrote: »
    I absolutely hate it when I go slightly over my required macros

why?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That sounds.. stressful.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Perspective is important.

In some cases, going over can actually be beneficial.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Does something happen to you when you are slightly over?
    They are just recommendations. You do not have to hit them exactly. If you always go slightly over maybe you should adjust your goals or prelog and plan your eating better.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That sounds.. stressful.

Agreed.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at my macros daily but funny enough at the end of every week when I look at my averages they are usually right on spot. There are bigger battles to be fighting!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat are minimums. It's totally ok to go over.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I aim to stay within +/- 10 g for protein and carbs and +/- 5 g for fat. Also, once in awhile I'm okay with going outside of that but just aim to stay within calories (e.g., had some birthday cake yesterday so I was a bit high on fat and lower on protein.) I don't do it regularly but for special occasions it works for me.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Why? No one hits their macro goals 100% bang on. That would be a level of micromanagement that would drive me bonkers. Getting close is enough for horseshoes, hand grenades, and nutrition.

(obviously I don't expect that I'm eating exactly 100%, there's going to be margins of error in everything and I just like it to look good on paper)

But that said, I think hate is kind of an unnecessarily harsh and worthless emotion to attach to a food diary.

I think I've hit my macro goals exactly 100% zeros across the board once in two years of logging. If that's what does it for you then more power to you, but it's not a good method for me (went to therapy when it got bad) and it doesn't seem to work for the OP. I guess you can encourage her to keep stressing if you want. It's a free internet.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

I think I've hit my macro goals exactly 100% zeros across the board once in two years of logging. If that's what does it for you then more power to you, but it's not a good method for me (went to therapy when it got bad) and it doesn't seem to work for the OP. I guess you can encourage her to keep stressing if you want. It's a free internet.

Did you miss the part where I said that I find it fun, and the part about hating aspects of a food diary? Not sure where I was being encouraging.