19 years old and finally making the decision to lose weight

Options
I have always had a problem with food growing up. Today I stepped on a scale at my doctor's office and saw that I was 289 pounds. It gave me a culture shock for sure. I decided it was time to start eating healthy and lose this weight. I would definitely appreciate any advice, or friendship from some gals my age.

Replies

• mixmag
    mixmag Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sorry im not your age but youre in the right place for support! happy to share food diaries if that would help? xxx
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Good luck, don't stress too much. Consistency is more important than perfection. Horseshoes and all that.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making this decision! I wish I had done so at age 19- I would have avoided a lot of problems. It can be done— believe that you can change and establish new healthy habits that you can stick to and that make you happy. Good luck!!
  • Lait_Et_Sucre
    Lait_Et_Sucre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, tho im 16 and 201, buti only started eating healthy and exercising about half a month ago and im already down 5 pounds! Personally i dont follow any sort of specific diet, ive just been cutting my usual bad foods and substituting things for healthier options and it makes it waaaay easier to keep a good attitude about it. Personally my main advice would to make like a collection of all the positives to losing the weight/being healthy so that when youre feeling less motivated you have it on hand :)
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have always had a problem with food growing up. Today I stepped on a scale at my doctor's office and saw that I was 289 pounds. It gave me a culture shock for sure. I decided it was time to start eating healthy and lose this weight. I would definitely appreciate any advice, or friendship from some gals my age.

Fam i know how u feel when I stepped on the scale and seen 300 my heart dropped changing my life ever since I'm 263 right now so almost 40 pounds weight lost
  • SadiaKhan1999
    SadiaKhan1999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 19! if you ever need a friend :)