Starting low carb

Options
Hey y'all! Stay at home mom of 3 here. Fingers crossed I'll have the success I'm looking for doing low carb. If you're starting or having been doing low carb, add me!

Replies

• Mojoback2018
    Mojoback2018 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had success with low carb previously. But, I have just returned from an all inclusive holiday and ate far too much and drank quite a bit every night as well. So, this is my first day back. Wish me luck. X
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Also a mom of three, I’m doing low-carb, seven pounds down so far. 😊
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've done low-carb for a few months at a time with success. Need to get back on it.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Mom of two, 23 years apart. Did the low carb thing, I found it difficult to do low carb. Best wishes!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What success are you looking for with low carb that you wouldn’t have with other plans?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If you look in the MFP subgroups, you will find the Low Carber Daily. They gave people who are zero to 200g (slow carb) and eat from vegan to carnivore. They're a helpful and diverse group who can help with support and information. Check them out.

Good luck (from a sahm of 3 bigger boys)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You'll have success as long as you consume less calories than you expend. Just like any other diet.
  • Dmgjama
    Dmgjama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Doing a low carb, moderate protein. My water consumption and healthy fat addition seem to be key to success.
    New to online support and hope I’m posting this correctly.
  • toniquimby
    toniquimby Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On the advice of my doctor, I started keto in May after stalling out on CI/CO. It has been amazing for me. Not only have I lost 25 lb since then, I feel WONDERFUL!!! I aim for 25g or less total carbs daily. I try to keep my protein moderate and eat more healthy fat. The fat part is hard to accept...it goes against everything I’ve ever been taught. Lol. It’s a very effective way to lose weight especially if you are particularly sensitive to carbs, which apparently I am. But the other changes in my general feelings are worth it as well!! Add me if you’re looking for keto/ low-carb friends!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    toniquimby wrote: »
    On the advice of my doctor, I started keto in May after stalling out on CI/CO. It has been amazing for me. Not only have I lost 25 lb since then, I feel WONDERFUL!!! I aim for 25g or less total carbs daily. I try to keep my protein moderate and eat more healthy fat. The fat part is hard to accept...it goes against everything I’ve ever been taught. Lol. It’s a very effective way to lose weight especially if you are particularly sensitive to carbs, which apparently I am. But the other changes in my general feelings are worth it as well!! Add me if you’re looking for keto/ low-carb friends!!

If CICO stalls out you are dead. It’s not a diet or way of eating. It is a fundamental energy balance that occurs whether you are losing, maintaining, or gaining weight. So you may be having success now with a keto diet, but it’s because you created a calorie deficit tipping the balance to CI<CO that causes the weight loss.