Shoe Lacing Techniques - Lock Lacing and Pressure Relief

Options
Countless people I know have no clue about different shoe lacing techniques. I learned about these techniques years ago just looking around at stuff on YouTube one day and today I found a great short and to the point video that I wanted to share.

One thing I always felt even before I started walking jogging from my health was that shoes were always kind of painful on my feet. I feel that could be an absolutely enormous deterrent to someone who wants to start walking running or some sort of cardiovascular activity. using some of the techniques in this YouTube video will help you to overcome a lot of the pain and difficulties you can have when wearing your sneakers. Your got shouldn't slide around in the shoe and any outstanding on the sides or instep can be relieved. Granted, this is if you're already wearing the proper size and you didn't buy a size 12 instead of a 10-extrawide since your foot didn't fit in a normal more narrow 10.

I also want to stress real quick that using a quality pair of sneakers is very important. I've used cheap ones and I've used expensive ones and there are some good cheap ones but a lot of the time you get what you pay for. In my opinion spending a 100 or so dollars instead of about $50 - $60 on quality sneakers so that way your feet are much more comfortable is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuiVJBJCgqE

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank you---I do have heel issues and never knew what that top extra hole was for--just used this ti and my shoes fit much better now.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is great.
  • FrankCanDoit
    FrankCanDoit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are both welcome. I lace all my shoes like this from now on. It is so much more comfortable now. Nothing worse then being halfway through a workout and the shoes are putting pressure AGAIN on a spot on your foot.

The craziest thing is that I didnt know how many people whom running for years or doing some sort of cross training dont know this. I figured it was much more common but its not just not known, and it really makes a nice diference, especially the heel lock and instep relief lacing styles.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This also answered my question about why are the laces so long. When I bought my shoes they said they would lace them for me and I said--no, thinking they are laced already and I can lace a shoe--after all I'm 68 and a grown up. Shows how much I know!