Kettlebells

Options
I recently bought an 8kg kettlebell.

What are your fave workouts using them?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Did you buy it primarily for upper or lower body?
  • beachgirl1130
    beachgirl1130 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kettle bell swings, Russian swing, hold to chest and do squats. Lunges.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    100 swings, 5 Getups on each arm do it every day as possible. That is Pavel's (founder of kettlebells in US) simple and sinister plan.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    turkish getups
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I utilized the kettlebells at my old gym for a while and downloaded a free app on my iphone that had different exercises and videos on how to do them.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • Beeky_85
    Beeky_85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We use Joe Wicks Body Coach Work outs on you tube
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There's a book called Kettlebells for Women by Lorna Kleidman. It's excellent. It's has pictures and instructions for all the moves and in the back there is a 6 week exercise program at 3 different levels I follow. I bought it used on Amazon. It's amazing and I love it. I've done it 5 weeks and I can already tell a difference!
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    About to start another round of 10,000 swings in 4 weeks challenge with a 16kg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    About to start another round of 10,000 swings in 4 weeks challenge with a 16kg

I've thought of doing that challenge but not sure I could. You have to have really solid form to attempt it (and I think I do at this point). Just not sure I could handle it with all the rowing that I do on top of it (over 50K meters a week, some quite hard intervals).

Personally, I keep it pretty simple. There is honestly nothing that simple about Turkish Getups. They are relatively advanced in my honest opinion and someone can get hurt if not careful. I do half getups all the time, just working until you're at the point where you stand. Fantastic for shoulder and abs.

I love swings, pressups, Goblet squats, one armed rows mostly. Sometimes bridges but that's just duplicating the same work on rows. KBs and rowing are amazingly complimentary.

Learn swings first. Work and work on your form. There is right and wrong way to do a swing and 90% of the people I see at gyms don't do it right.
  • OncologyChick
    OncologyChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do the kettlebell swing workouts from Tracey Reifkind. 15 workouts on youtube with the same weight. Then switch to a heavier weight and start over again.