Wedding weight loss challenge!

Replies

• hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    I would love to join.. I am getting Married Sept 1st 2012, I am going dress shopping in october. I am trying to lose 75lbs by next year if not more. Looking for some support or buddies as I am doing this alone and would love some tips and suggestions.
    :)

We're getting married the same day!! FUN :)
  • Egro2313
    Egro2313 Posts: 2 Member
    I think I found my dress yesterday!! I'm going to keep looking for a bit, and then I have to get my mom, grandma and sister to see it! I would love to go down a size before I even order the dress! Good luck girls!!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    I think I found my dress yesterday!! I'm going to keep looking for a bit, and then I have to get my mom, grandma and sister to see it! I would love to go down a size before I even order the dress! Good luck girls!!

THAT IS AWESOME! Good for you.

In terms of eggplant recipies I am afraid I would not touch an eggplant with a 10 foot pole. My diet recipe--never buy it I think its icky!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    I made this last night..it was so good! Even if you don't like eggplant!

2 small/med eggplants (unpeeled)
    1 "flax egg" (1 TBSP ground flax seed dissolved in 3 TBSP water)
    Panko crumbs
    Spices of your choice

Cut the eggplant into short french fry like strips. Coat in flax egg, dip in panko, seasoned with spices. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle with sea salt (optional), bake in the oven (I did 450, but didn't time them) until crispy. Serve warm.
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Hello All!

I'm getting married Sept 14 2012 and would love to be a part of this challenge group.
    CW 81.8kg
    GW 68kg (or thereabouts)
    Height 5'6"
    (Sorry, Australian so I have no idea about my weight in lbs, I think it's just under 30 to lose.)

I have just booked my first dress shopping next Thursday and have no idea about what type of dress I want - the more I look the more confused I get. What styles are you guys going for?
    Oh, and fiance hates eggplant so no recipes from me I'm afraid, although I do like a good ratatouille.

Amanda x
  • dmmarie21
    Hello All!

I'm getting married Sept 14 2012 and would love to be a part of this challenge group.
    CW 81.8kg
    GW 68kg (or thereabouts)
    Height 5'6"
    (Sorry, Australian so I have no idea about my weight in lbs, I think it's just under 30 to lose.)

I have just booked my first dress shopping next Thursday and have no idea about what type of dress I want - the more I look the more confused I get. What styles are you guys going for?
    Oh, and fiance hates eggplant so no recipes from me I'm afraid, although I do like a good ratatouille.

Amanda x

My fiance hates eggplant too! But he actually liked this! The dress that I am wearing is a halter style with beading and a long train. There are sooo many to choose from, but, you will know once you find the right one!
  • SW: 182
    GW: 135
    Reason to lose- To be toned and fit
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Sign me up!!!! I'm getting married in...um.... about 6 weeks? Yikes!!!! I had my dress made, it's a little snug on the hips, and it'll look better if my stomach is flatter, so i'm partway thru Jillian's RI30 prog right now. My weight is ok, just the composition needs to change! I have spanx as back-up ;)

I feel like I should be really freaking out right now, but i think i'm channeling my nerves into working out.
  • mrscampbe11

My fiance hates eggplant too! But he actually liked this! The dress that I am wearing is a halter style with beading and a long train. There are sooo many to choose from, but, you will know once you find the right one!

Maybe I'll start *sneaking* in eggplant and see where it gets me.

I forgot to say why I wanted to lose weight - other than health reasons, I don't want to feel self conscious on the one day in my life when I won't be able to hide from the camera. I want to be confident that I don't have to fret about my bingo wings, double chins, stomach rolls etc. I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be able to relax and enjoy myself.
  • dmmarie21

Maybe I'll start *sneaking* in eggplant and see where it gets me.

I forgot to say why I wanted to lose weight - other than health reasons, I don't want to feel self conscious on the one day in my life when I won't be able to hide from the camera. I want to be confident that I don't have to fret about my bingo wings, double chins, stomach rolls etc. I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be able to relax and enjoy myself.
    \

Those are all good reasons! I agree with being able to relax and enjoy yourself! I feel like even now, I am constantly tugging at my clothes or looking in the mirror.
    As far as "sneaking" things in. Let me tell you, I have become a PRO! lol. My fiance gets his son every other weekend, and when he is at his mom's, he eats processed JUNK constantly, so last night, I got onto my fiance about continuing the habit when he picks him up (McDonald's for breakfast, pizza for lunch, pizza for dinner, gummy worms (the whole bag) for a snack)..He is just so used to eating that garbage that nothing else "satisfies" him...or so he thinks ...bahaha. I proved my point tonight. I made lasagna (vegan, and it tasted just like the original.), he even helped with the tofu ricotta! For dessert I made peanut butter blondies with chocolate ganache (also vegan). he also helped with these and LOVED them. the ganache is also made with tofu. For a snack later, we made banana "ice cream" and made a magic shell topping! All healthy stuff, vegan, and he completely had NO idea that what he was eating was actually GOOD for him. SO if your fiance has a hard time eating healthy, don't be afraid to sneak things in! there are a lot of great recipes on www.peasandthankyou.com, as well as in this blogger's book! The MANY things that I have made from there taste so wonderful, you wouldn't know they were vegan, or healthy!
  • You all can google Brides to Be a Guide to Looking Your Best you will find answers to all your questions and how to meet your goals
  • dmmarie21
    I would like to weigh in on Mondays if that is ok with everyone. I think Monday makes you more accountable for what you eat on the weekend. I did weigh in however today though, because I started the 17 day diet today!
    My current weight is 210
  • hlavers
    Just got back from vacation today, went back to Newfoundland to see my best friend get married and it was a blast. Holy exhausted though. To put it into perspective for those of you not acquainted with Canadian geography it was a 5 hr drive, followed by a 7 hour ferry ride, followed by a 10 hour drive up and back!

I tried on some wedding dresses while I was there (my best friend and I are each other's MOH) and that was great motivation for me! I have just over a year until my wedding and really need to tone up my arms and back!!!

I'm looking forward to getting back on track and will start weighing in again next Monday :)
  • mrscampbe11
    Mondays are cool for me - helps me stay on track for the weekends!
    This morning I was 81.9kg/ 180.4lbs (switched the scale over so I could see lbs as well).

After trying on dresses last week and having to be strapped in to them like a rolled up pork joint I am feeling more motivated than ever!

p.s. Why don't bridal shops stock anything other than size 10 dresses for giants!! :grumble:
  • dmmarie21
    206 today! 4 lbs down this week!!! cant wait till i hit the "under 200" mark!! :drinker:
  • hlavers
    Yay! @dmmarie21 you are doing so good!

Totally forgot to wi this morning and have been struggling to regain my focus the last few weeks but am 100% totally committed again today. Cooked my favorite go-to meal of Quinoa, veggies and tofu yesterday for supper and had that for lunch today and will have it again tomorrow. I also cleaned out the fridge and stocked up on fruits and veggies. Packed a great lunch for today and have stuck with it and will hit the gym on my way home from work. Gotta get the scale going in the right direction again!!
  • mrscampbe11
    Hi all,
    I was away for the long weekend here in the UK, but this morning weighed in at 81.2kg. Be darned if I don't see 80-point-something at some point this week!
    I'm looking forward to seeing numbers starting with a 7 - not seen for about 5 years!!
  • dmmarie21
    Yay! @dmmarie21 you are doing so good!

Totally forgot to wi this morning and have been struggling to regain my focus the last few weeks but am 100% totally committed again today. Cooked my favorite go-to meal of Quinoa, veggies and tofu yesterday for supper and had that for lunch today and will have it again tomorrow. I also cleaned out the fridge and stocked up on fruits and veggies. Packed a great lunch for today and have stuck with it and will hit the gym on my way home from work. Gotta get the scale going in the right direction again!!

Thanks! I have been doing the 17 day diet. I am on day 10 of the first cycle! I actually weighed today and was at 204! (I've been weighing everyday but not recording until Sunday/Monday). I have been sporadically cheating though :( Not terribly though. Although, it is so hard to get back on track when you slip up. I find myself saying, well, I already cheated today, so, I might as well eat this cookie! lol good thing about this diet, after the first 17 days, you can eat a cookie for breakfast :) (a certain kind of course!)
  • I am going dress shopping this weekend with my sister to my city! We are hitting up two salons, one this afternoon and one tomorrow!

Also going to do regular clothes shopping too because she is super fun to shop with and moved to a different province last year when her army husband was re-posted. We don't get to spend nearly enough time together and I'm so excited for this weekend (even if I'm fighting a bit of a head cold).

:D
  • Well if anyone wants to see the results of my wedding dress shopping look here http://bit.ly/refPZt

Be sure to read up asap because I'm taking the post down after a week or so to ensure my fiance doesn't stumble across it. :)

I was down 4 lbs this week but I'm still working on vacation weight and need another 6 gone before I'm back on track but now I have my incentive. I want to be in the 180's before I order my dress so here I go!
This discussion has been closed.