anyone found sucess through weekly "cheat" days

Options
2»

Replies

• ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i lost all my weight by a cheat day, i call it zig zagging calories. i used to have a cheat friday but now i am maintaining i have a cheat mon, cheat wed and cheat sat. and guess what? if i am careful the other 4 days, my weight stays the same = maintenance!
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i lost all my weight by a cheat day, i call it zig zagging calories. i used to have a cheat friday but now i am maintaining i have a cheat mon, cheat wed and cheat sat. and guess what? if i am careful the other 4 days, my weight stays the same = maintenance!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I do one meal a week without worrying about cals, fat, etc. And the things I end up choosing are usually not that bad anyway! lol Last week my meal I chose to eat without worrying was a roast beef sandwich from subway, with light mayo, cucumbers, and spinach :) I was craving red meat and we happened to be by a subway, and it smelled really good, haha. But if a whole day works for you, do what your body wants :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't have any days planned but I do go over my goals often, sometimes by a lot (yesterday and today were "vacation" for example). I figure as long as I eat well most of the time, I'll get there eventually. This is probably why it's taken me 14 months to lose what I have, but I'm good with that.

This is my "lifestyle". I work out a lot. I eat well most days. I eat poorly some days.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A cheat day or spike day is essential for maintaining your fat burning hormones while dieting. Research the spike diet. It is backed with the science behind why it works. Also, check out my profile to learn a bit more. I spike once a week with around 4000-5000 calories.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I recently went 101 days on MFP without cheating once. I thought it was "stupid" to plan out cheating, and i thought of this as 'a lifestyle change', but i was actually under my calorie goal so much each week, it was almost like I wasn't eating for a full day usually NET 1500 UNDER my calorie goal for the week (and that's NOT including the deficit MFP was setting up for me... so I was under eating by like 3000 calories a week to maintain). Pretty bad. ANYWAYS-- I went on a crazy 5 day binge as a result, and I didn't gain a pound? It made me think that maybe there really is something to this "cheat day" thing... and i'm considering making a weekly habit of it.

Just wondering what your experiences are?

i think maybe cheating as in eating a little morefor a day but not choosing bad foods
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My diet is relatively strict, but I leave one day out of the week to cheat and it has worked ok for me.
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think people have widely different definition of 'cheat' days. There is a big different between zigzagging your calories, or having a slightly bigger meal, and gorging yourself all day.