so i read......

Options
So i remember reading on here one day that if you're over on carbs you won't lose weight, even if you're still under on calories. Is this true?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    not necessarily. depends on whether you are sensitve to carbs or not, some people can eat tons of carbs as long as the stay on there calorie goal and do great.

others ,like me, have to watch every dern carb gram
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    For many people yes. I have to LIVE Atkins or I gain in a heartbeat. carbs turn to sugar and fat immediatly in the blood stream.....they are bad.....
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've never even paid a bit of attention to the carbs I eat and I've lost over 40 lbs.
  • adventuring
    Options
    Looking at my reports on here, I've been over on my carbs every day since I joined, and I'm having no trouble at all. So probably true for some people, but definitely not for all.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    For many people yes. I have to LIVE Atkins or I gain in a heartbeat. carbs turn to sugar and fat immediatly in the blood stream.....they are bad.....

Not totally true. Simple carbs are converted quickly and they are bad. Complex carbs are converted slower. You need carbs and these are the type of carbs you want. If you eat the right kind of carb you are not like to have too much problem.
  • tlcurr7u
    tlcurr7u Posts: 19
    Options
    If you eat too much of anything your body will store it as fat. Your body burns calories as a generic fuel, but it also needs the vitamins and other stuff like fiber, and carbs opporate correctly...carbs are good if you exercise a lot.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I generally try to stay under the carb allowance MFP gives me, but I really don't care. I love my carbs. Life would not be worth living without them. I've lost a pretty good amount not concerning myself with carbs.
  • Elainecortez
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this app it's my first day actually but I'm a bit confused on the calorie intake. on my home board it said I should have 1200 calories a day but as I am putting in my foods that I am eating it says under neath in small print that I am under to much and that 1200 is the minimum intake. So do I try and stop at 1200 or go over....confused