Over 300,000 every year!?

Options
well guys & gals, I do not believe I have ever started a topic in chit-chat before and just could not resist sharing a news story I watched a moment ago...

It is reported that over 300,000 people receive breast augmentation surgery in America every year.

Now I realize that some are due to unforeseen illness and fully understand these surgeries but,,,,
are there so many people wanting to change their looks that this number is actually real?!?

I don't personally know of any friends or family who have implants....I am in shock at this number!
I wonder why so many people want to change their original shape?
Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm:ohwell: :tongue: :huh:

I thought about it at some point but that's as far as I got...just thought it might be cool...:wink::wink: :wink:

what do you all make of this huge number of people? ok? not?

Replies

• Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I would buy it. I know of a lot of ladies that have done it both for medical and personal reasons.

Along those lines seeing 20 year old boobs on an 80 year old body is just plain disturbing.
  • OliLloyd
    OliLloyd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    well guys & gals, I do not believe I have ever started a topic in chit-chat before and just could not resist sharing a news story I watched a moment ago...

It is reported that over 300,000 people receive breast augmentation surgery in America every year.

Now I realize that some are due to unforeseen illness and fully understand these surgeries but,,,,
    are there so many people wanting to change their looks that this number is actually real?!?

I don't personally know of any friends or family who have implants....I am in shock at this number!
    I wonder why so many people want to change their original shape?
    Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm:ohwell: :tongue: :huh:

I thought about it at some point but that's as far as I got...just thought it might be cool...:wink::wink: :wink:

what do you all make of this huge number of people? ok? not?

Now, it is quite a huge number.. but you have to remember the population of America. Also, Breast Augmentation can relate to a lot of things, it's shaping of the breast, I believe it can include reduction and a lot of 'maintenance' work too.
    Personally I don't understand it, but if people want it. I guess they should and clearly they do!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think it might be regional as well. Here in the midwest I don't know many people who have done it. But maybe in the sunny climates it's more likely. I think they shouldn't do it before 21. When I was a teen I might have thought it was cool because I was skinny as a rail and flat as a board. But later things improved. :bigsmile:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wow! I actually started a topic back when lol
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    It's been almost six years. What's your boob situation lookin' like now?
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bewbs hehehe
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    This. (.) (.)
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just got a new bra that does the same thing. I'm good as long as I'm not asked to take it off. Men don't ask that do they?
  • KV621
    KV621 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Those numbers probably include people going through sex changes, and women that had mastectomy. Has anyone seen the tattoos they do on women that had they’re nipples removed! They’re so cool!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Well there are around 300 million people in the US so to me this number is not so high. I am from Los Angeles and out of the many women I know, only a few have implants. To each their own. Barring breast cancer and reconstruction, I doubt i would ever get them.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Tired of tripping over their nipples some I’m sure.

Jokes aside I do know a few who lost theirs through weight loss or breast feeding or just expect they would have more and it effects them mentally, deeply saddened they felt inferior to other women with large breasts, effects their confidence, sexual interest and marriages .

I myself once considered a reduction but my husband threatened to leave me because it’s the only reason he was with me lol