Can’t stop peeing!!! 😂😂😂

Options
I’m about 5 weeks into my weight loss journey. I can’t stop eating at all! I’m trying to drink water, I’m currently trying to drink water to fill me up. I’m drinking 3L a day! All it’s doing is making me pee. A lot.
Any help would be very much appreciated 😀😀

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    You could drink less, as long as you stay properly hydrated. If you're not feeling satisfied with how much you're eating you could try changing what you eat/adjusting your macros to see if that helps. It's also possible you've set yourself too large of a deficit which is causing the issue with adherence.

What's your current weight/height/age, and what did you set for your calorie goal? Despite the five week effort, I see you're a new user here; it's very common for new users to set their loss rate too aggressively which makes it difficult to stay below their calorie limit without feeling like they're really depriving themselves.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might want to try some other tips to slow down your eating. I blogged about this a while ago.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131

Are you eating your recommended calories daily?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking other things and eating more fruits/vegetables? Go by urine color. Pale yellow is good, clear urine maybe too much.
  • nevillette1989
    nevillette1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink more as I’m always hungry. Literally everything I see I want to eat haha.
    I was on weight watchers last year and lost 4 stone in that year. I’ve gained about 10lbs in the last few months. I’m now 9st 10lbs and want to lose those 10lbs, I’m 29 and about 5”7
    I think it gave me 1200 calorie intake and I’m really struggling with that!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? Your calorie goal is too aggressive for only 10 pounds to go.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are right in the normal weight range. 1200 calories per day is too low.

I won't repeat my advice from above, but there are other things you can do to distract yourself from eating. And you can eat a little more and still lose weight.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    OP, you're already smack in the middle of the "ideal" weight range for your age/height/sex at 136 lbs (I think I did that conversion to freedom units right?). 1200 calories/day is definitely insufficient, no wonder you're hungry all the time; you're sedentary TDEE (per TDEEcalculator.net) is 1650. If you're still unhappy with what you see in the mirror you should consider starting some form of resistance training to change your body composition. I know it can be difficult to mentally depart the mindset of dieting coming from being overweight, but there often comes a point where the emphasis needs to shift from losing weight to simply continuously improving your body; I know that happened for me.

For Reference:
    "Ideal Weight Range"
    G.J. Hamwi Formula (1964) 134 lbs
    B.J. Devine Formula (1974) 136 lbs
    J.D. Robinson Formula (1983) 134 lbs
    D.R. Miller Formula (1983) 138 lbs
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to be eating more than 1200 calories! I know it's tempting to want to lose as much weight as fast as possible, but in the long run it will be better to do it slowly.

You only have 10lbs left. I'm right there with you. I have about 10lbs as well and I am eating more than 1200 calories and eating back 50% of my exercise calories. On average I eat about 1600-1800 calories a day.

For reference:

5'5"
    female
    130 lbs
  • trivedipurva95
    trivedipurva95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    # so relatable! :#:#