Crockpot chicken gone wrong - please help rescue!

Options
groone
groone Posts: 2 Member
Okay, so I was making some Chicken Adobo in the crockpot but my dear son forgot to turn the crockpot to warm, so the chicken cooked for almost 8 hours. Needless to say, it's terribly dry. I would like to not lose a whole fryer chicken. Does anyone have any recipe ideas that could possibly help me? I don't want to do a mayo based chicken salad and my wife has a hard time with spices like curry and cayenne...I would have made some chicken and pineapple curry yum. I'm also trying to stay away from dairy in cooking so no cheese and cream/milk unless it is like a deliciously awesome substitute.

THanks for any and all help!

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You could always just slow cook it low in chicken gravy to rehydrate it.
    Mix it with a white sauce (and you could add mushrooms, sweet corn, or asparagus) and make a pie (pastry top and bottom).
    Shred it in BBQ sauce for shredded chicken.
    Chicken in white wine sauce (goes well with rice)
    Put it all (bones and all) into a stock pot and make chicken soup
    Sweet and sour chicken Cantonese style

• mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    With the adobo spices, I would do a Mexican chicken soup with lots of veggies.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    we use walden's zero calorie dressing in chicken salad for a very low calorie and tasty result
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Rehydrate with broth or water then shred and make some taco soup with all the yummy veggies.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Avgolemono soup to rehydrate. Because adobo contains vinegar, use much less lemon than the avgolomeno recipe calls for.