I'm HUNGRY!!!

Options
Today is my first day with MFP and I'm working really hard at reducing my daily calories, but OMG I'm still hungry!! Today I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner and only have 170 calories remaining but I feel like I'm starving!! Normally at this point I'd reach for a snack, but I want to stay at my goal!! (I'm a terrible snacker so I'm thinking that's where most of my daily calories come from)
Anyone have have any advice for a starving girl??

Replies

• lc522
    lc522 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give advice since your diary isn't open and we can't see what kinds of foods you have eaten today. But I would say have some veggies or fruit as a snack. They are low in calories and good for you!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Apple? Carrot? String cheese?

Actually your best bet is probably a big glass of water.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i would just eat lol
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Could always excersize and eat back those calories? Or try some more filling foods
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I say go for a walk so you can eat some more!
  • reaganwhitten
    Options
    Oh, how do I make my diary open??
  • scrismond
    Options
    my first couple days were really rough. I was starving! But after the first few days, I got used to it, and found it easier to not eat and to stay within my calorie goal.
  • chironess
    Options
    Eat as many raw veggies as you like... Take some fiber pills and drink a TON of water. Make sure you are keeping your carbs down so as not to kick off the cravings.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh, how do I make my diary open??
    go into settings across the top and go into diary settings and make it public
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Click on settings in the upper right corner of the screen, then diary. You can change the setting there.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? How much do you weight or want to lose? There isn't a lot of info here for us to work with.....I think you can go to your profile and change your settings to make your diary open....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Re-evaluate your goals... You don't have much weight you want to lose, so you shouldn't try to lose any more than a pound a week. A half pound a week would be better, which is only 250 calories less than what it takes to maintain your weight. The slower you lose it, the easier all this will be, the more likely you'll stick with it, and the more likely you'll be to keep the weight off for good.

Keep in mind that you don't need to DRASTICALLY change your lifestyle. Just a tiny tweak.

I'm not a big fan of being hungry. Ever. And I'm not. Ever. And my progress has been fantastic!
  • reaganwhitten
    Options
    Made it public!! Maybe it'll work now.
    I think one of my problems might be water... I'm not much of a drinker... I bet if I chugged some H2O it would prob help to a certain degree
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look at where you're spending your calories. 12 tbsp cramer and a cookie could have ' bought' you much more filling food instead.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It took me a few weeks to keep from going over my calories. You need to let your body and mind get used to eating less food, don't beat yourself up if you can't stick to your goal right away.

If you want lots of food and little calories, eat more fresh veggies!

Check out my diary if you need any ideas, I stick to the 1200 goal and fill myself up daily.
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Did you have 12 Table spoons of coffee creamer?If not then you need to redo that and that will give more calories to eat.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Start buying some baby carrots. At first, you may not think they taste great, but they ARE very filling, and in time, believe or not, you'll come to crave them! Good luck, and glad you joined MFP!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Did you really have twelve tablespoons of creamer in your coffee?! Not judging, LOL, just thinking that might be a mistake that would free up some calories for you.
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    did you really have 12 tbsps of coffee creamer for 1.5 cups of coffee?!?!?!?!!? that's where almost a third of your calories went... no wonder you're hungry....
    cut back on that, or use something completely different... it'll open up alot of calories...
  • reaganwhitten
    Options
    oh dang, that can't be right!!