Problem- HELP!

Options
Here is the deal. My 15 yo son got hit in the mouth with a baseball and knocked out his front tooth:sick: We were in the dentist chair within the hour and they were able to put the tooth back in. We are crossing our fingers that the tooth reattaches. He is unable to eat much due to not being able to put any pressure on the tooth and because of the stitches and swelling. He hates soup and is already tired of pudding and ice cream. Does anyone have any ideas of high protein foods that are soft??? Unfortunately he is a very picky eater. :noway: Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• ladybug3
    Options
    Here is the deal. My 15 yo son got hit in the mouth with a baseball and knocked out his front tooth:sick: We were in the dentist chair within the hour and they were able to put the tooth back in. We are crossing our fingers that the tooth reattaches. He is unable to eat much due to not being able to put any pressure on the tooth and because of the stitches and swelling. He hates soup and is already tired of pudding and ice cream. Does anyone have any ideas of high protein foods that are soft??? Unfortunately he is a very picky eater. :noway: Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • featherrs
    featherrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Give him muscle milk! It has 350 calories and lots of protein and fat. Sorry to hear about your son, good luck!

~Leash
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Eggs -- especially scrabbled or omlettes where you can add some other veggies and cheese.

Smoothies. You can even add some whey protein if you want too.

Even pasta is pretty soft ...
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can buy those meal replacement drinks, which are fairly well balanced and come in a variety of flavours. I lived on them when I had my braces first put in. I hope he gets better soon
  • expressbug
    Options
    -Carnation instant Breakfast - Lots of Flavors and you can put them in the blender and add whatever he likes to it. examples: strawberries, yogurt, icecream, bananas
    **Chocolate with a banana is my fav

-Oatmeal - They make kid oatmeal with fun flavors

-Mashed Potates

- Scrambled Eggs with cheese - My son loved these when he had his tonsils removed

- Yogurt

Hope these ideas help and sorry about his tooth
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I was really sick once and had to eat baby food.

I took whatever my mom cooked chicken or beef & watever was hard to chew & put it in the food prcessor with some liquid...OMG it was so tasty...
  • ladybug3
    Options
    Unfortunately he hates milk and can barely tolerate eggs (told you he was picky:grumble: ). He does like mashed potatoes and the idea with the food processer might do the trick. Wonder if you can put pizza in the food processor??? Just kidding :noway: Thanks for all the ideas.