Hi MFP :))

Options
I have been a member for a few weeks but I haven't really been trying but I'm starting my SENIOR year of college tomorrow and I'm ready to make exercising and eating healthy a part of my regular routine. I know once I do this it will shed a few pounds, but over all I want to be healthy and feel better. I have a hard time keeping myself motivated to go to the gym and tend to fall into the eating habits of those around me. I really hope this helps me stay on track this semester and hopefully make this my lifestyle! Any new friends would be great to talk to along my journey would be fabulous :))

Replies

• ShannonMHS
    Options
    Welcome ... I'm new too and I have already learned so much on this board and I'm also beginning to feel better even after two days. It's really amazing!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    So glad you're here! You've got the right idea--focus on staying healthy with good exercise and eating habits, and any weight you need to lose (if you do need to lose--your picture looks beautiful!) will follow.
  • Hillary_Love
    Options
    Yeah it is just all getting into the habit of choosing something slightly less fattening compared to the chips all your friends might be sharing. It is hard to lose weight in college because there are so many parties and by mine the "dining hall" on campus was a buffet so if I was spending the money to go inside there I was sure as hell shoving as much down my throat as was possible. But you can totally do it! Once you set your mind do it and start trying it will happen. And just tracking and being honest on this site really helps because then you have to think ugh do I really want to type in later that I ate 700 calories on nachos and so you'll turn them down. Good luck! You can add me as a friend I will totally help all that I can. =)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    My nieces got so big(100+lbs gain) in college and I think its preventing them from getting a better job now that they have graduated.
  • stephie9036
    Options
    So I have a question...am I supposed to eat all of my exercise calories? Sometimes I'm like whoo, I get to eat more but that usually just leads to me eating junk. When I'm eating right 1200 calories seems like plenty to fill me up because I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and they have very low calorie counts. So I was just wondering, what does everyone do about their exercise calories??
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Haha Welcome! I feel like I'm reading my own profile -- My name is ALSO Stephanie, and I'm starting my senior year of college in a few short weeks! Good luck to you on achieving all your goals, you're gonna rock this one (Stephanie's usually do.... ) :happy: