When you reached your goal weight, did you get a tattoo to celebrate?`

I was pondering this yesterday... when I reach goal, perhaps I should get a tattoo commemorating the hard work, and celebrating my new, improved body.

I found some interesting examples online, including one of a tape measure made into a bow. It's not for me, but I thought it was a nice idea.

Have you had a tattoo to celebrate your success?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    No
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I have mine designed for when it's time. Don't want to share too much because its sentimental and somewhat unique. Will share when it's done though.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    That wouldn't be me. I'm too much of a "regretter" to commit to something that permanent.
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    I will be; I’m a tattoo artist myself so I’ll be designing my own :)
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    I did - I'd always wanted to get a tattoo but wasn't a confident person and didn't think I was "cool" enough to get a tattoo. Losing weight and improving my fitness really helped my confidence and made me realise that I should be proud of my body and therefore "deserved" to decorate it as I wanted. I also started wearing more make-up too. There's something about knowing you look better that makes you want to look you best :)

I've recently put on some of the weight again due to stress and mental health issues. I've designed my next tattoo but am waiting til I get back to goal to go and get it. It's nice to have non-food rewards to motivate yourself with!
  • rachellep103
    rachellep103 Posts: 19 Member
    I hadn't planned on getting one specifically to celebrate reaching goal weight. But I will be getting more ink in the fall. Kinda wishing I had gotten them while I was still heavy, it would hurt less! LOL :D
  • biscuitforcefield
    biscuitforcefield Posts: 46 Member
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Losing weight and improving my fitness really helped my confidence and made me realise that I should be proud of my body and therefore "deserved" to decorate it as I wanted. I also started wearing more make-up too.

Funnily enough, makeup was the thing that kickstarted my weight loss efforts! I buy so much expensive makeup and hair care things, but then I thought I couldn't justify decorating my face whilst my body was ungainly, hard to dress well, and starting to suffer.

So here's to decorating our improved bodies :)

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Losing weight and improving my fitness really helped my confidence and made me realise that I should be proud of my body and therefore "deserved" to decorate it as I wanted. I also started wearing more make-up too.

Funnily enough, makeup was the thing that kickstarted my weight loss efforts! I buy so much expensive makeup and hair care things, but then I thought I couldn't justify decorating my face whilst my body was ungainly, hard to dress well, and starting to suffer.

So here's to decorating our improved bodies :)

Same here with the makeup! I was told I wasn't polished by a job recruiter when I was heavier. I lost weight, cut my hair, and got a makeover. Now through the magic of hair weaving and braiding I change hairstyles regularly.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    I wasn’t planning on it, but now that I think about it, there is a tattoo that would be PERFRCT to get once I hit my goal weight. Hmmmm, will spend some time considering it.
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    I'm 36lbs away from goal. When I get there, I have my tattoo picked out already
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    I want to. I’ve gone under goal weight now (wiggle room), but it’s the cost that is holding me back. That and I can’t decide on the design. I have the constellation Scorpius on one inner forearm, and want something on the other to balance it. I want so many different things though and rather than try and fit everything into one design, I’m definitely going to have to have a few done!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    I'm considering it! There is a quote that I love about a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I'm thinking a small butterfly and something that will speak to my faith in God on the inside of my wrist. I've struggled to lose weight my whole life and reaching goal is something I still have a hard time imagining. When it happens it needs to be celebrated...big time!! :)
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited July 2018
    not at goal but for halfway point.. trying to get pic that isnt huge

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited July 2018
    sooi16ckehey.jpg
    ignore dirt..was outside..lol
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I can get a tattoo any time, but I did take a trip to Maui, even bought a bathing suit for the first time in 30+ years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!