Would love to connect with others that struggle with autoimmune diseases

Options
I’m currently living with Relaps Remitting MS. I was diagnosed three years ago next month, and have been slowly gaining weight & have lost my motivation over the years.

I started paleo this last week, and started exercising again. Feels good to get back into it! I was hoping to meet people that might be having the same struggles with their autoimmune, and/or meet ppl that can give some good advice that they’ve learned along the way.

Thanks, and hope to chat with y’all soon! ❤️

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have Hoshimoto’s & celiac, not the same thing, but the auto immune struggle is no joke!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • bpeters1989
    bpeters1989 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    add me I got diagnosed 4 years ago with relapse remitting ms too. I work a physical job and get sick from various foods so its hard to lose weight.
  • Coffeeandcookies
    Coffeeandcookies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I suffer from graves and its causing hyperthyroidism, on and off. Currently I'm on medication and its starting to show on the scale.

I'm new here 🙂 Let's do this together and support one another along the way.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with Chronic Urticaria and idiopathic angioedema in 2000, which greatly affects my auto immune system. Tried various treatments, mostly to no avail. Daily doses of prednisone helps, but also wreaks havoc on my body. From a healthy and athletic 180 lbs to a sedentary lifestyle at 300 lbs. Finally off prednisone two years ago with Xolair injections every four weeks. Finally able to enjoy working out, playing sports without having to worry about my face and body swelling. I have started and quit so many diets due to health issues. This time I'm determined to push thru and get my life back. 28 days in, started at 295 lbs, currently 279. Calories in, calories out. and get my cardio and strength training early in the morning when my body is not swollen.

Happy to help, give advice. I don't know everything. But, I understand.