I'm HUNGRY!!!

Options

Replies

• Daddygj
    Daddygj Posts: 2
    Options
    It's easier if you plan your nutritional day in advance. That's how I use MFP. I know the day's results in advance. Have the foods you like, which fit your plan, in your refrigerator. If you open your refrigerator to see what's there, your diet plan for the day is already shot. Use the nutritional information, as well as the calorie counter, as a means of educating yourself to what's good and bad. Don't be discouraged if you fail for a day, just start again.
  • lizwilsonng
    Options
    btw I am hungry too at this moment, but I too am trying to stay within my calories, and hoping to see some change in the scale soon. This would be what I would do, either reach for a low cal soup like a hearty chicken noodle vegetable, some only have 90 cals, or I would brush my teeth and go to bed, I seem to lose more weight when I get to bed early than when I stay up late! Imagine how happy you will be with yourself in the morning if you stick with it tonight, plus well rested! you can do it!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    WATER! sometimes your body confuses hunger with boredom. drink a whole bottle of water and then decide if you need to eat or not. It's not going to ruin anything if you go over your calories every once in awhile
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    WATER! sometimes your body confuses hunger with boredom. drink a whole bottle of water and then decide if you need to eat or not. It's not going to ruin anything if you go over your calories every once in awhile
  • reaganwhitten
    Options
    OBIVOUSLY I'm a moron and can't enter my data correctly. Just fixed that creamer thing and it freed up a bunch of calories!! lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    12 tablespoons = 6 oz. That's a LOT of creamer for 8 oz of coffee. Also, even if you have 170 calories left over, you should have zero calories left over, so go ahead and find yourself a snack that's about 150 calories or so. MFP already figures in a deficit for losing weight, so you are supposed to eat exactly the number of calories it tells you to eat, you don't have to stop short.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    Home>settings>6th one down... diary settings
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to mess up on the diary. Glad that it was a mistake and now look at all those calories left.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you fixed your creamer and found some calories but . . . I'd highly recommend EATING your calories rather than drinking them. That will help as well. Maybe you could have skim milk in your coffee instead?
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    oh wow... I just looked at your diary. I would be hungry too! Eat some raw veggies or fruit. Water will help, but seriously you need to leave the hamburger helper and the frozen dinners at the grocery store. For lunch a salad with grilled chicken or tuna tossed in would be much tastier and healthier than the weight watchers stuff you had. Try eating fruit, raw veggies, or some nuts as snacks between meals. I'm guilty of buying processed food sometimes... tonight I served processed chicken breast strips but I had healthy veggies on the side. I am learning to eat healthier with the help of my friends here on MFP. That's what we are here for, right? Eating healthy is important and you have to be able to continue to eat like this even after you lose the weight. You can do Crystal Light, Tea, or add fruit to your water if that helps. I love strawberries and orange slices or lemon and lime slices in my water. Try different things.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you're not a moron!
  • JamesPridgen
    Options
    If you increase your fiber intake it will help you feel fuller longer. Also (like someone else said lol) If you add in some cardio it will give you room for more food, but just eat cleaner so the calories are not wasted. I eat a lot of chicken and brocoli ( no cheese or at least fat free cheese), the broccoli is a low calorie bang for the buck and the chicken beast are a clean source of clean low calorie protien that your body can easliy burn for energy. But I would definatley choose the cardio option, its good for you health wise and it will allow you to eat more! Also fruits are good but you should stick to eating them earlier in the day.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    jello
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the vegetable people. I like to eat large amounts of vegetables (cauliflower and carrots and broccoli, oh my!). It fills me up, add fiber and nutrients, and all for very few calories. Sometimes I like to think of the vegetable as my main meal and decide what I want to eat with it.
  • Robert824
    Options
    I am not a fan of water either, but you can get the crystal light flavor packs, I love the wild strawberry, it says to use a whole on the go pack with a bottle of water, I typically only use half of the pack, and it gives the water just enough flavor, and not alot of calories. one pack is 5 calories.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I can see why you might be hungry... you might want to try to eat more vegetables and foods higher in fiber because they fill you up more. Also, foods that are prepared such as hamburger helper and pre-packaged meals are higher in calories, sodium, and junk. MFP has really helped me to change the foods I eat and to think about what I eat BEFORE eating.

KEEP LOGGING... it will get easier. We all started out in a similar place with our eating habits... change takes time.
    Good luck:-)
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Up your protein intake. I'm required to eat a min 70 grams of protein a day by my doc but I usually hit around 90. If you eat solid protein like meat, nuts, eggs etc then you will stay full longer and your body will work to burn the fat instead of give you the hunger cravings.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm in your hungry boat and I only ate 2 meals today! :P I'm currently chugging water like it is my job hoping that it will help. I do have a little wiggle room for some more calories, but I'm not sure what to fill it with... I might go hunt down some baby carrots as I know we have some in the house. Yay for stealing suggestions from your thread. :)
  • Honey1990
    Options
    Ok so you did good for your first day, go ahead and have something to eat and remember that it is most likely alot less than you have been eating and you will probably loose anyways. for tomorrow try and spread your calories out more. I eat 1200 a day and i usually try and do about 300 for each meal (3) and 150 for my snacks (2) it makes it so that your calories are more spread out during the day. If you go to bed really late you also may want to try eating dinner a little later so you dont have time to get hungry again. and if you do get hungry before bed and have some calories left, drink a glass of ff milk. its really good and it will help you feel satisfied til the morning time.
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    Drink water. A lot of times we confuse thirst with hunger. I found that out the first week. Everytime I think I am hungry I drink eight oz of water to see if I am hungry later. I chew sugar free gum when I am drinking water as I cannot drink just water by itself of course unless I have just worked out and exhausted.