Trail Mix

Options
I'm big on snacking, and the other day I picked up a bag of Second Nature- Simplicity Medley and it was delicious and perfect for small snacks throughout the day. This mix was almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and dried blueberries. I'm going to go to Fresh Market today to pick up things to make my own mix. I'm thinking it will be cheaper, and possibly healthier. Anyone have any suggestions of what else to include or leave out?

Replies

• megm0509
    megm0509 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i usually bulk up my trail mix with soy nuts, pumpkin seeds and peanut (pretty cheap) and dried cherries are great for recovery.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How about adding some type of high fiber cereal?
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I like the sesame sticks in mine... and some mini chocolate or peanut butter morsels help curb my sweet cravings
  • fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to watch out for the hidden sugars. A lot of dried cranberries are deceptive with sugars added.

Other than that, sounds good!
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ha, i once ate a bag of trail mix, it wasn't a large bag, just a decent sized bag. It threw me over 1,500 calories that day.
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't able to find any dried cranberries or blueberries that didn't list sugar as an ingredient at Fresh Market.. anyone know where I can find *healthy* dried fruit?

Are raisins better?
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't able to find any dried cranberries or blueberries that didn't list sugar as an ingredient at Fresh Market.. anyone know where I can find *healthy* dried fruit?

Are raisins better?

If you're really in to the dried fruit thing, you can try buying a dehydrator.. I don't think they're that expensive.