weight loss stall or progress?

Options
here is my weight loss chart from Hapoy Scale. it appears i am still making progress (slope down) but the actual weigh- ins don’t reflect that. i wonder if i am still losing weight or if the app needs more data to catch on to the fact that i am not losing anymore?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It’s only been the past five days you’ve been up. Weight loss isn’t linear, and you will see this often. Give yourself at least a few weeks before changing anything.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Eventually if the trend is upwards for a couple of weeks mine will stop going down and pick back up. It's just averaging.

A lot of time when I was losing weight I would have a week where my weights were up like that and then the next week they would start trending back down towards the line (or below the line) that happy scale predicted.

Right now your trend is sharp downhill. It may just be in the process of slowing down a little bit. Which is completely normal! I have a few months where I lost 10-15 lbs and then the next month lost 2-5. it's normal!!!

The thing I like about Happy Scale is it taught me to treat my daily weight as a data point. Doesn't matter if I'm up 5 lbs today and down 3 lbs next week over time the average is what matters.

The important thing to remember is that it's normal for weight loss to wave up and down like that. Weight fluctuates for so many reasons and Happy Scale is just a tool to help smooth out those ups and downs and show you an average moving target of weight based on current rate loss and overall rate of loss. The important part is that in the long run the trend is down.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is difficult for me to accept - mentally - that I may still be losing weight and the scale has been so erratic up and down in the last few days. I am trying to look at the big picture and I am not doing anything drastically different, so I should still be losing.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and hopefully as I get more data, I will be able to see more progress, but for now, I will have to ignore the blips.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    another 175 weigh in and i am just waiting for happy scale to catch up.