Frustrated :/

Options
I have been working out and watching what I eat for 3 1/2 weeks and no weight loss, at all. I gain two pounds, lose two pounds, lose two more pounds and gain them back. Sometimes I feel like I have lost inches and then other times I don't. I feel like I am working toward an unreachable goal.

I have heard it all before: You're eating too much, you're not eating enough, you're gaining muscle, give it some time, maybe something is wrong with you.........ugh

I have had my blood checked for thyroid disorders and any other thing that might stop me from losing weight, but there isn't anything wrong with me. I eat enough and not too much.....in the eating world, I'm Baby Bear.....everything is just right. I work out 5 days a week aerobically and strength.

I just feel like giving up and eating a side of beef and a birthday cake!!!!!

Sorry, just venting because I don't know what else to do... :grumble:

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not public, so I can't see what the hold up might be for you...Are you making sure that you are eating back at least 1/2 of your exercise calories..??...Also, drink a lot of water...Not sugar free drinks and diet sodas because those have been proven to make us FAT..!!...Also, sugar is sugar is sugar, whether it comes from a fruit or a candy bar...You might want to check your totals.... :flowerforyou:
  • shannybell
    shannybell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I have been counting calories 31 days now and exercising most of those days and only lost 6 pounds...I didn't measure inches (wish I would have). Anyway...don't get discouraged...You will figure it out and it will begin coming off...Are you exercising?
  • DaveShoreshe
    Options
    I agree with birdlover... show us your diary and let's see.. there are so many factors... for me sodium is huge... I was wondering somedays that I barely ate anything yet I wouldn't lose... with a lot of sodium, your body might retain water more than most people. Don't be frustrated. You're doing the right things, sometimes your body needs time to adapt to the good things your doing!

Hang in there!
    Add me as a friend if you need added inspiration and motivation!!!

Good luck to you!
    David
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    You said that you feel like you have lost inches, I would suggest getting a measureing tape and actually tracking your measurements. Do you feel like you are progressing in your fitness? Do you think on the weeks after a loss you might be inadvertently relaxing your diet/exercise? I know that sometimes if I have a really great week exercise/diet wise I might feel like the following week I can take it easy. Another thing that might be slowing you down is that MFP really over estimates the amount of calories burned in exercise, so if you're eating all your exercise calories back, you might be over eating.
  • dsevier12
    dsevier12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks shannybell: Yes, me too. I wish I had taken measurements before I started. Maybe I have lost inches and just don't know....anyway, thanks for not "diagnosing" what you think my problem is. I think at this point, I just needed someone to say...."Hey, I know how you feel." :smile:
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    It might be easier if we could view your diary and maybe check out what you are actually eating. The what and how much can be confusing.