Trying again

Options
Hey there! My name is Serene, I have introduced myself on here before but, that was three years ago. Three years ago I went on a troubling journey with this app at my side, to lose weight. Back then, after a year of hard work I had managed to lose 80+ pounds in that year. I had never looked so good in my life, I felt great. Once that year was over, I ended up having a surgery that restricted me to unhealthy foods such as ramen or mashed potatos. After that, I fell down a hole and lost my intire grasp on my weight. I gained to this day, 150+ pounds. I now weigh 286, and I’m miserable. I came back here finally facing my fears, and searching for the hope I can yet again grind hard, and loose even more weight than I did years ago. Heres to everyone that is fighting for their bodies to feel free, let’s do this!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Maybe an even better approach can be to stop dividing foods into good and bad, and stop grinding hard and grasp your weight and hoping and fighting. You lose weight, and keep it off, when you eat a little less, but every day.
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Serene, I have introduced myself on here before but, that was three years ago. Three years ago I went on a troubling journey with this app at my side, to lose weight. Back then, after a year of hard work I had managed to lose 80+ pounds in that year. I had never looked so good in my life, I felt great. Once that year was over, I ended up having a surgery that restricted me to unhealthy foods such as ramen or mashed potatos. After that, I fell down a hole and lost my intire grasp on my weight. I gained to this day, 150+ pounds. I now weigh 286, and I’m miserable. I came back here finally facing my fears, and searching for the hope I can yet again grind hard, and loose even more weight than I did years ago. Heres to everyone that is fighting for their bodies to feel free, let’s do this!

We on I'm doing intermitten fasting with keto and from 300 I'm at 262 now and will keep going.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Me and food aren’t friends either, hopefully you find your path to a better self.
  • Kalintabby
    Kalintabby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You’ve got it girl. Just don’t try to do the whole thing at once. Baby steps back to being you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Finding a way to take in fewer calories, consistently. Maintaining that weight loss is about creating better habits, permanently. I've lost weight and regained too.

You could eat nothing but so-called bad foods and lose weight. Of course that's not a good idea. Making better food choices is what we do for our health, not for weight loss.

I still have a treat or a fast food meal here of there. But the calories are accounted for, and fit my goals.