Diabetes

Options
AnitaKundu
AnitaKundu Posts: 73 Member
Hi, I have T2 diabetes which I control with diet and exercise only (no meds). I wanted to reach out to others who also have diabetes so we can support each other. Please feel free to add me and in the message please note whether you have T1 or 2 so I'll know when I respond. Thanks

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    AnitaKundu wrote: »
    Hi, I have T2 diabetes which I control with diet and exercise only (no meds). I wanted to reach out to others who also have diabetes so we can support each other. Please feel free to add me and in the message please note whether you have T1 or 2 so I'll know when I respond. Thanks

I am T2D and am off all meds now. My last A1C was 5.6. Feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • cgfred
    cgfred Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got blood work back this week which indicates I am diabetic. I have been procrastinating with my weight loss and now this is my rock bottom. Reducing carbs will be my biggest challenge. Day 3 of my diet

• AnitaKundu
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear that cgfred. I was in that situation back in 2016. Did the doctor put you on medication or just recommend diet and exercise to control your blood sugar?
  • cgfred
    cgfred Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Diet exercise and trying liraglutide
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a type 1 diabetic that needs to lose weight and I'm trying to build muscle. Anyone with diabetes please feel free to add me!

Also @cgfred the hardest part about diabetes is the steep learning curve. Take a look at diabetes.co.uk , freestyle libre glucose monitor (makes life so much easier to check BG), carbs and cals book, diabetic muscle and fitness book.

Out of all the resources I've had these are the best in my opinion.
  • AnitaKundu
    Options
    Hi bufger, I have added you as a friend so we can support each other.