Chubby and petite

Options
dezvah
dezvah Posts: 2 Member
I'm currently doing weight training and maintaining a 1200 calorie intake. I am having trouble isolating my abdominal area (where most of my weight has settled) I'm currently 114 hoping to get to 94lbs. Any tips to aid me? I know this seems like a low weight, but I'm only 4"11 and where the weight sits it looks like alot more.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're having trouble because you can't spot reduce. And since you're already at a healthy weight it's going to take time to lose.
  • angeliab737
    angeliab737 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m also petite. (5’1”) More than tracking my calories, paying attention to my macros made a difference. When I lowered my net carb intake (total carbs - fiber = net carbs) I started to see a difference. 🙂
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I am petite also. The only way I lose abdominal fat is to lose weight all over.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am also 4'11". I do need more than 1600 calories when I do weightlifting to fuel my training, otherwise I will not be able to lift at the level I want. As @malibu927 already mentioned, spot reduction does not work.
    Focus on good nutrition and follow an exercise plan that will help you achieve your goals. You also have to be patient. Take it , one day at a time.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • dezvah
    dezvah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for all the advice, and help. Here's to one day at a time
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Patience is key here. Like everyone has said, the body decides where and when it will let go of fat.
    I have lost 34 pounds and am just now seeing a change in my abdominal area. It’s frustrating but I’m excited to finally see some progress! You will too :)