Haven’t lost for 3 weeks

I am walking between 5-6 miles every morning (6 days a week) and do an hour of pool time. Haven’t lost anything for 3 weeks. 1200 is my daily calorie goal. Haven’t really worried about carbs or fats just keeping it at 1200. Not sure if I need to up miles or get more sleep. I am burning between 500-800 calories with exercise.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    You may need to tighten up your food logging. Are you eating back exercise calories?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • leener8551
    leener8551 Posts: 3 Member
    Logging all I eat on my fitness pal app.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    leener8551 wrote: »
    Logging all I eat on my fitness pal app.

Are you measuring solids with a digital food scale? I once sat at the same weight for 6 weeks (had been using measuring cups).
  • leener8551
    leener8551 Posts: 3 Member
    I will try the scale. I do not add in exercise calories ! Should I? I probably am not drinking enough water either. Would cutting the carbs help. I am keeping at 1100-1200 calories a day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I will try the scale. I do not add in exercise calories ! Should I? I probably am not drinking enough water either. Would cutting the carbs help. I am keeping at 1100-1200 calories a day.

It's in the calories, always.

If you aren't losing (weight loss won't be linear) - eating more or drinking more won't help. You are likely eating more than you think.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    If you are not using a food scale, you are eating more than you think.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited July 2018
    It could also be a normal stall. I just broke through a 3 week stall myself. I didn’t do anything different than I had been doing and my calories were on point. Sometimes we do everything right and our bodies just need to catch up a bit. If you’re sure your logging is correct, be patient a bit longer. Also, if you bumped up your exercise recently, that could have something to do with it.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    If you are true to yourself and your program....the weight will follow. Not when you want it to happen but when it's ready!
    I've been at a plateau for 5 weeks....then out of the blue I dropped significantly! It happens when it happens! Stay persistent and do not obsess!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    What is your height and weight?
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    I am keeping at 1100-1200 calories a day.
    Until you measure with a digital scale, you don't know what your caloric intake really is.

That being said every month I go for one or two weeks where I hover around the same weight.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Also be sure you're using accurate entries when you log. There are a lot of junk entries in the food database here, so be sure you know how to spot the good ones from the bad. Read back through the stickied posts on accurate logging again if you haven't lately. Make sure you're accounting for everuthing including cooking oils, condiments, veggies, etc. Use the recipe builder for homemade foods, make sure you know the difference between fluid ounces and ounces, use an entry that matches the way you cooked things if you're weighing or measuring after cooking, and all that jazz.