Need a workout that's good for mom and me

Options
My mom has finally come to me for help so we are working out together. My mother is 63 so it's kinda limited of certain things we can do beside going to the track. We tried one workout but being that I've been doing Insanity for a while it was very low intensity for me tho it was good one for her. We don't have a gym here (bummer) so I was wondering what are some good exercises that we can both do together that we both can get a good workout or will I have to just workout twice. Please help. Thank you ^_^

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Zumba. You can kick it up a notch and she can do the beginner Zumba gold move modifiers.
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try slim in 6 maybe, or turbo JAM
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Can you fit or afford a good elliptical machine. They are a great workout no matter what level you are.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yoga is a great workout for anyone and is completely adjustable to meet anyone's needs. Not to mention it doesn't require any special equipment, just enough space for the two of you.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My mom and I walk together. You can incorporate weights (either on your ankles and/or in your hands). My mom and I also did water aerobics, and I was surprised by the workout I got, though if you don't have access to a gym, this is probably not an option. What about some fun workout dvds that you can do with intensity, and she can do slower?

Good luck!
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't know the financial situation but I would suggest cycling. It's fun and you can explore whole new things within your city and surrounding areas, and it is VERY low impact.
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will looking into them.
    @Bumblebee I'm actually planning on getting a bike soon. One of my friend is into cycling and she loves it.