Stay-At-Home-Mom Support Groups???

Options
Are there any out there, or is there anyone who would be interested in joining one??

I'm a 29 year old mama of one crazy active little boy who will be 2 in October. He is extremely busy, always moving, and is giving me a run for my money. We have some great days, and also lot of days where I feel like I'm drowning and just trying to keep my head above water. I would LOVE to find some other moms who are in the same boat as me or find a group of ladies who can be be a support system for each other. Mom life is tough and it's only the beginning for me!

I hit my highest weight about a year after having my son, which was about a year ago, at 283-- less than 20 pounds away from 300 pounds. I started my "journey" on July 14th at 271 and my current weight as of today is 268. I am beyond determined and have set mini-goals for myself to hit until I reach my final goal which is to be between 160-170 by June of next year for mine & my fiance's 10 year anniversary and wedding on June 8th, 2019. If I make that goal, that will have been a little over 120 pounds lost, and as embarrassed as I am of my body, I fully plan on taking & sharing pictures every 10 pounds lost to document my journey to a healthy body for inspiration, for myself and others.

Please feel free to add me, and if there's enough interest in a support group for SAHMs, I'll have one up and running as soon as possible! Thanks everyone! :)

- Hope

Replies

• katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A sahm group would be awesome. :-D
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM I'd join, you can also add me as a friend if you'd like. I have 3 kiddos :smiley:
  • RoniseC
    RoniseC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm currently a SAHM I have a 12 year old, a 5 month old, and I'm a Bonus Mon to a6 year old. It's so easy to grab the kids snacks or run to grab fast food with them, let's keep in touch Mamas!
  • Raveylyn
    Raveylyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 25 years old stay at home mom. I have two wild, rambunctious little boys ages 2 and 4.
    I would definitely join a group dedicated to SAHM's.
  • bohopink17
    bohopink17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I will add all of you and get a group going tonight -- I'm thinking maybe we should keep it private and limit it to under 30 or so people?? Hope that doesn't sound rude, I just think it'd be easier to genuinely get to know a small group instead of having 100 people posting so often you miss things and have a hard time keeping up. Either way, I'm excited there are other mamas with young crazy boys! I love my son but, wow. :)

• resplendencesana83
    resplendencesana83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey.im a mom of 2.and just started my weight loss journey again 2 months pp.i need motivation alot of it :/
  • resplendencesana83
    resplendencesana83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    lol yes and if someone has any good ideas how to deal with a 4yr old boy's energy please let me know.im going crazier day by day
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have a 5yo boy and a 3yo girl, and a 11 month old boy.

4 and 5 year old boys need an outlet for their energy. Like outdoor time. Trampoline park. Playground. Bike riding. They just have a lot of energy and don't do well if they don't get it out. Mine isn't getting enough because we've had serious heat indexes, so I don't like to get him worked up outside.
  • Kendra1302
    Kendra1302 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I think it's a good idea doing this weightloss with a group :) add me :)
  • nikkichenmfp
    nikkichenmfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only have a husband and work from home, could I count?
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join this group too!
    I’m 34, and have a little boy that will be 2 in October as well!
    I find eating well as a SAHM to be WAY more difficult versus when working!
  • jilliann_
    jilliann_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 3. I added you. Let me know about the group :)
  • Lovelybeats
    Lovelybeats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m not new but I’m back at it again trying to get healthy! I’m a stay at home mom and looking for motivation! Add me if u make group SAHM! 😊
  • aprilnrobstarnes
    aprilnrobstarnes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. I have a 12 year old daughter that is home with me all day we do online/homeschool. So I would love to join your group. I would really like some other mom friends.
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 5 yo boy, 3 yo girl and 5 month old girl. Would love to join the group as well!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm way older at 45 and have one boy who is 10. Being a stay at home mom has its own set of challenges like finding time for yourself to workout especially when they aren't in school. I do love my life though and get lots of me time but sometimes it's just kind of exhausting
  • terrahibma
    terrahibma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm with a 15 yr old, 13 yr old, 11 yr old 3 yr old and bonus mom to a 15 and 10 year old. I would totally join a sahm group!! Also looking for friends to keep me accountable so add me please