How is everyone doing??? Finding it hard to fight cravings?

Options
Any advice on fighting the cravings....

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Have no idea but if you find out let me know.
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Have no idea but if you find out let me know.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I fight cravings daily. I drink lots of water and sometimes finding something else to do makes me forget about cravings like reading a quick article on something that infuriates me lol.
  • gpassmore
    gpassmore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YES! Trying to stay away from sugar is soooo hard! having a hard time with that only.......
  • lexrobin2
    Options
    every day is a fight for me, but on my successful days I get through the cravings by:

-not giving into the impulse to eat, give my self an hour and I usually dont want it after that
    -flavored waters REALLY help me. Sparkling Ice, Lipton Kiwi Strawberry green tea
    -having adequate groceries with healthy snacks is a must for my success. if im going to binge no matter how hard I try to push through it, Id rather binge on my healthier snacks rather than go get chips or fast food.

good luck. i look forward to other responses so I can get more tips
  • chellebelle620
    Options
    Sometimes it's very hard, especially when I want something sweet after dinner. I've found that chewing gum can help. I also discovered DELICIOUS goldfish crackers in a vanilla cupcake flavor. 46 of them have 140 calories and 5 g of fat - well worth it on those evenings I just have to eat something sweet.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I bought a puzzle at the thrift store to keep me busy at night. Or I crochet...
  • SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Water water water. I find that if I drink 2 large glasses with each meal (which is equal to four servings) i feel fuller.

I also have yummy snacks like the carmel corn rice cakes, kettle corn 100 calorie bags, the betty crocker 100 calorie molten cakes (in the box cake isle and OMGGG so good) I'll have 4oz of simply lemonade or limeade. I bought the fruit leather strips from Costco. I also have fudsicles. These have all really helped.

I also make up my own recipes. I have submitted 3 to the website so far and I wish they would get on the ball w/ opening the recipes section already. One I made up was a pepperoni quesadilla. 1 Wheat guerreo soft taco sized tortilla, 1/3 cup (1serving) of Weight Watchers Mexican shredded cheese (which is SO good if you haven't tried it) and 7 slices of turkey peperoni. Fold and microwave for 45 seconds and slice small. Tastes really good!!!! 237 calories 11 fat, 15 protein, 4 fiber, 685 sodium. Great for protein! Fat is still high but if you have the extra to use it’s a great snack, its filling and WAY better than a large regular quesadilla.

I have loads of other recipes that I have created & if people want to add me as a friend. I post when I create new ones and offer to share. I also have a public food diary so others can get ideas. It’s all about supporting each other to me :)
  • ncm251
    ncm251 Posts: 24
    Options
    What are the cravings that you're fighting?

I have used a few techniques. One of my vices at the beginning (even now at times) was hot chips / potato fries. I just had to picture how many calories are in the serve and work out if it was really worth it.

Something else is substitution. Seeing what I could fill the gap with. Like, instead of eating a whole bunch of carbs, I'd eat a bit of protein and it would usually keep me satisfied.

Hope that helps a bit.

Good luck!

-Nancy
  • lexy83
    lexy83 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time right now!
  • adfranck
    Options
    Try somethign minty - like brushing your teeth or sucking on a peppermint. Something about the mint makes the cravings go away.
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chew sugarless gum...although I end up chewing practically the whole pace at once sometimes. Drinking water also helps.
  • unhappy86
    Options
    I def have the same issue! Sometimes even after i ate, I still have cravings for other things. Lately I just try to distract myself. I either take a bath or organize things around the house, make a to do list, or play a game with my kid. Earlier today instead of eating popcorn while watching a movie I repainted my nails. Stuff like that. I've been told to fill up with water but that doesnt work for me.
  • marneymac
    Options
    I have found that when I'm in craving mode, it's because I need more protein and more water. Lean protein like chicken and fish are good sources. And lots and lots of water. A lot of times when we think we're hungry/craving, we're really thirsty. Always try drinking a couple bottles of water before giving in to the craving.:smile:
  • marneymac
    Options
    Also, going for a walk is good. It clears your head and distracts you from it.
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    Hard candies, or just have the small treat and work out more. Strawberries and low or even fat free whipped topping is great.
  • SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ Lexrobin2!!! The flavored waters are amazing!!! DO NOT try the MiO. It literally tastes so horrid and when I looked into it I found out that one of the ingrienents is also used in anti freeze! Seriously it tastes like it! LOL

I have found that the Ocean Spray Sugar Free On The Go packs are SOO good. They literally don't have a sugar free taste at all. My husband refuses to drink diet sodas or crystal light and he liked these. So far my fav one is White Cran-Peach.