alfredo sauce:

Options
mesafford
mesafford Posts: 56 Member
This is based on hungry girl's version, but I used a little more sour cream and made it in the microwave. Serves 1:

1 swiss flavor light laughing cow cheese wedge (35 cal)
1 TBS light sour cream (or FF, or Greek...) (20 cal for light)
2 tsp grated parmesan cheese (20 cal)

Total: 75 cal. for the sauce. I made 4 servings worth for my family. I just put it all in a microwavable dish and cooked in 30 second increments, stirring in between. I personally sauteed a lb of shrimp in olive oil and garlic. I then tossed them with the sauce and put them on top of some whole wheat pasta. So delicious!!!!! My whole meal with pasta, shrimp, and sauce (and the oil and everything) was 365 calories.

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ooh, thanks for this recipe.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This looks really good! I like the shrimp idea, and am thinking of using Fage 0% Greek Yogurt in place of the sour cream, since I don't have any. Thanks!
  • jenny_fur
    Options
    LIKE LIKE LIKE!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    2 words! Walden. Farms. Check out theirs!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just discover the light sour cream last month it is my favorite thing now. i can actually make dips and not feel bad. I will have to try your recipe. Thanks!
  • mesafford
    Options

What's this? Is it a brand of alfredo sauce? Where do you get it?
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sounds Y-U-M-M-Y!
  • Jeremy_S
    Jeremy_S Posts: 11
    Options

It is amazing! Love their alfredo sauce! They need to come out with a 5-cheese sauce!
  • joymeg1
    joymeg1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Good to know that its good, I think i might try it now! I have the cookbook but have been a little weary of the recipe because I don't like laughing cow cheese, but I'm going to now =)
  • Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    Walden Farms is a brand that carries a lot of zero calorie items. I have had a hard time finding some of their products in my area (S. Florida) but ordered some on line directly from the company. The only item that I've tried that I absolutely did not care for was their fruit spreads. I love the peanut spread, salad dressings, cocktail sauce and BBQ sauce. I like the coleslaw dressing and the carmel dip. The only products I've purchased that I have tried yet is the french onion dip and their spaghetti sauce.
  • mesafford
    Options
    Good to know that its good, I think i might try it now! I have the cookbook but have been a little weary of the recipe because I don't like laughing cow cheese, but I'm going to now =)

Definitely! My husband said he actually preferred it over the stuff I've bought from a jar... :)
  • SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what Walden Farms was either but this is what I found w/ Google's help!! So many products I'd like to try!

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/sauce_pasta.html
  • mesafford
    Options
    Walden Farms is a brand that carries a lot of zero calorie items. I have had a hard time finding some of their products in my area (S. Florida) but ordered some on line directly from the company. The only item that I've tried that I absolutely did not care for was their fruit spreads. I love the peanut spread, salad dressings, cocktail sauce and BBQ sauce. I like the coleslaw dressing and the carmel dip. The only products I've purchased that I have tried yet is the french onion dip and their spaghetti sauce.

Thanks so much for the info! I'm in central fl. I'll keep an eye out for it, but if I can't find it will def consider ordering! :)
  • mesafford
    Options
    I wasn't sure what Walden Farms was either but this is what I found w/ Google's help!! So many products I'd like to try!

Wow. Just checked out the site. Crazy!!! I will DEFINITELY have to try some products!
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    loving this recipe
  • Jeremy_S
    Jeremy_S Posts: 11
    Options

Wow. Just checked out the site. Crazy!!! I will DEFINITELY have to try some products!

Yes, Walden Farms is an amusement park for us :). The alfredo is very similar to regular alfredo (not as thick though), the thousand island tastes exactly like regular thousand island, the pancake syrup is my favorite! Taste is NO different than regular syrup (just not as thick though). The balsamic and asian dressing is amazing. The fruit jams have a different texture to it (hard to spread on ANYTHING, but taste great!), the caramel dip is the best for celery (taste is similar to regular caramel but texture isn't as creamy/melty). The chocolate syrup is an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, great replacement! The bbq sauce is an unbelievable replacement to regular bbq sauce!

I'm never going without walden farm products now! These products make what I call a real happy meal.
  • mesafford
    Options

Yes, Walden Farms is an amusement park for us :). The alfredo is very similar to regular alfredo (not as thick though), the thousand island tastes exactly like regular thousand island, the pancake syrup is my favorite! Taste is NO different than regular syrup (just not as thick though). The balsamic and asian dressing is amazing. The fruit jams have a different texture to it (hard to spread on ANYTHING, but taste great!), the caramel dip is the best for celery (taste is similar to regular caramel but texture isn't as creamy/melty). The chocolate syrup is an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, great replacement! The bbq sauce is an unbelievable replacement to regular bbq sauce!

I'm never going without walden farm products now! These products make what I call a real happy meal.

Wowza! Thanks for the tips on which products you like. It all seems tooo good to be true!! Do you by chance know of any store chains that carry Walden Farms products, or do you pretty much have to order it online?