****Zumba!!**** Questions---

Options
Hi! I recently started doing Zumba classes at my local gym and just had a few questions. First of all, I love Zumba and am so thankful I found it. It's definitely an exercise that I enjoy actually!

Has anyone else done Zumba and had good results with it?

How much did you lose?

How many calories did you burn?

Replies

• Andie3683
    Options
    I just started zumba 2 weeks ago! I love it!! I am addicted. i have lost 2 pounds since starting it, but also eating very healthy. I looked up the calories burned and you can burn anywhere from 500 to 900 calories in an hour!! it just all depends what you put into it! Glad you like it :happy:
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    depending on the length of the class i burn 400-1000 calories. I've been doing Zumba for 1 month, 15 pounds lost and 6 inches in just the waist! I have great results and Zumba is my primary exercise I've just recently begun to mix other things in.
  • ncm251
    ncm251 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for 1 month, 15 pounds lost and 6 inches in just the waist!

That's amazing! Congrats!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love ZUMBA! I am training to be an instructor atm :) I burn about 500 cals an hour and weigh 120 pounds. I do Zumba twice a week and have lots 16 pounds since I started, I do do a lot of other exercise and eat well too but I find Zumba makes me excited about working out and motivated to hit the gym so it has really helped me!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba once a week (with other cardio) and it kicks my butt! I have a HRM and I burn right around 500 calories for a 60 minute class.
  • artgurl23
    artgurl23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba dvds you can get on the infomercial (although i got mine on ebay) and they are so much fun! i've been doing mine for about 2 weeks, but a back injury (unrelated) has kept me from doing them. I can still hear the music in my head, though! ;)

This is a good tool to calculate how many calories you're burning.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Good luck!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love zumba oh so much!! I've been doing it for about a year and a half, it has been my main source of cardio exercise up until I started running& spinning. I do it about 3 times a week and am thinking about becoming an instructor soon. I burn right around 700 calories per class according to zumbacalories.com! Oh and I've lost almost 70 pounds as well :)

Good luck& zumba your heart out!