Zucchini

Options
2»

Replies

• kathywilcox9
    kathywilcox9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to dice zucchini into small chunks, sauté the chunks with onion, bell pepper, and fresh tomatoes. Then I add cooked chicken or turkey sausage and pineapple salsa. It makes a very large plate of food for low calories.
  • donnabuckner78
    donnabuckner78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sliced zucchini and summer squash into coins and boiled adding a sprinkle of creole seasoning until tender. Delicious and only 25 calories a cup
  • StopTheGroundhog
    StopTheGroundhog Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and toss in garlic, salt, olive oil and a little chilli and leave to marinade for 20 minutes or so then griddle them until nicely charred. Serve with some yoghurt and mint.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with everyone suggesting zucchini in place of noodles/in addition to noodles. I have a mandoline and turn zucchini into long "noodles" like spaghetti. Toss it into the sauce on the stove for a few minutes to soften a little and serve. Zucchini or yellow squash is also great for adding volume to soups.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You can make "refried beans" with zuchinni believe it or not. Saves lots of calories.
  • forestdweller46
    forestdweller46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Zucchini fritters made with "regular" flour, no cheese, and add a touch of Old Bay. Bake or fry with spray oil. Passable crab cake substitute on buns with lots of condiments (if you haven't grown up on the Chesapeake Bay).
    Use grated zucchini in place of carrots or applesauce in muffins and quick breads. A mix of carrot and zucchini is pretty.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/?s=Zucchini

I tried the Zucchini Pancakes today, not too bad at all.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I made Zucchini Lasagna last week. It was only 230 calories for a generous sized portion when using fat free cheeses. I substituted one layer of cheese with 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese. I made in a 9x13 pan and cut into 6 servings. What wasn't eaten was frozen into individual servings for a quick lunch. It was delicious and I will make again.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Quiche, chips, bread, boats.

Freeze it - diced, shredded