Keto Snacks

Options
Does anyone have any keto snack recipes or ideas? TIA

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat enough at meals, and you don't need snacks. If you want snacks, eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie allowance.
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, being in the medical field I don’t have the opportunity to eat lunch on most days I’m working. It’s much easier to grab a piece of fruit, pretzels, almonds, etc than trying to find time to take a break.
    I’m looking for keto snacks I can eat quickly. Sometimes life just gets in the way and there’s no time.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I’m often in same boat - my go to snacks: Macadamias, dark chocolate, boiled eggs, salami, meatballs, chicken pieces, prawns, olives, cheese
  • jgiampapa44
    jgiampapa44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do not follow a Keto diet. However, some easy Keto friendly snacks are be nuts, seeds, berries, cheese, and low carb veggies. It all depend on your life schedules and what’s best for your individual body.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, being in the medical field I don’t have the opportunity to eat lunch on most days I’m working. It’s much easier to grab a piece of fruit, pretzels, almonds, etc than trying to find time to take a break.
    I’m looking for keto snacks I can eat quickly. Sometimes life just gets in the way and there’s no time.

There are so many new keto products on the market, thankfully. I love Choczero chocolate, hard cheeses, deli sliced meats and PORK RINDS. the best!
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Options

There are so many new keto products on the market, thankfully. I love Choczero chocolate, hard cheeses, deli sliced meats and PORK RINDS. the best!

Choczero? I’ve never heard of it, but now I’m intrigued. I wish I could eat pork rinds.... for some reason I can’t bring myself to try them. Lol
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Options
    I’m often in same boat - my go to snacks: Macadamias, dark chocolate, boiled eggs, salami, meatballs, chicken pieces, prawns, olives, cheese

I hadn’t thought about bringing some hard boiled eggs. That’s easy! Thank you.
  • ncstate9000
    ncstate9000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love eggs, but never ate them hard boiled. How do you warm them again after they are cold? Can you microwave?
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs onions beets anything pickled 👍
  • prmath
    prmath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like Smuckers Natural Peanut butter
    If you like any brand sugar free fruit preserves or jams.......
    Let your imagination run wild. Just no bread 😄👍🏼😄
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Options
    Love eggs, but never ate them hard boiled. How do you warm them again after they are cold? Can you microwave?

I eat them cold. Sprinkle some black pepper and cayenne pepper and they’re delicious!
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I eat them cold. Sprinkle some black pepper and cayenne pepper and they’re delicious!

I eat them cold too - or room temp 😂 (pretty much a cast iron stomach here) - Extra good (but much messier) with mayo and mustard/curry powder - you can always make devilled eggs which are slightly less messy than me just plonking mayo on 😂
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I’m on the go most of the time as a caregiver. I pack breakfast and lunch - usually hard-boiled eggs, rolled deli meats like salami, pre-packaged cheese like Laughing Cow wedges or Baby-Bell mini rounds, cucumber slices, and raw almonds.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Can you keep a cooler at work? Some ideas:
    Boiled eggs
    Cheese sticks/baby bell
    Meat sticks
    Lunch meat/cheese rolls
    Celery with cream cheese
    Almonds
    Macadamia nuts
    Tuna packs
    Sardines
    Bone broth
    Steamed shrimp
    Epic bars (just check the carbs, some are higher than others)
    Pork rinds
    Beef jerky
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options

The beauty of boiled eggs is that you eat them cold, making them a great grab and go snack. I just sprinkle mine with some salt and pepper. It honestly never crossed my mind to hear them up.

• 831teerex
    831teerex Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My wife and I eat Keto full time. We love this eating style and encourage anyone trying it to consider good/better/best options. We understand busy life styles and eating on the go. Find time or make time in your schedule to do some food prep during the week for your week, and that time will pay you good divedends over the long term. If prepping your own food is not a reasonable option, there are several meal delivery services available now, but finding one that delivers Keto-friendly options to your region or area can be tough. Here’s some of our favorite Keto friendly snacks:
    80/20 ground beef meatballs, make in 1 ounce sizes
    Organic bacon
    Organic string cheese
    Avocado cut in half, add salt and pepper, top with toasted macadamia nuts, eat with a spoon
    Deviled eggs
    Carb-smart Mission tortillas - 6 net grams carbs per tortilla - fill them with your favorite Keto foods
    Also, can cut them in wedges, lightly brush with olive oil, bake them into chips for snacking or nachos
    Ground byson lettuce wrapped burgers, we top ours with cheese and bacon
    And for the sweet tooth, Keto almond joy or Keto ice cream - you have to make each of these
    We encourage folks to stay away from processed meats but if you’re on the go, these are easily found prepared in most grocery stores.