Keto 8 weeks

Lula1068
Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
Hello Keto friends....I am new to mfp but looking for people who have had success with keto and just some new friends as well!

Replies

• dorisb57
    dorisb57 Posts: 10 Member
    I am looking for keto ppl to connect with
  • KETOJoelAddis
    KETOJoelAddis Posts: 6 Member
    I've been in ketosis now for almost 5 weeks and I've NEVER felt better. I've lost 28 pounds. I sleep better. I have lots of steady energy. And I don't feel that gnawing hunger ALL DAYI used to feel when I was just reducing calories. I'd love to start a little Keto-clan!
  • Erinloveable
    Erinloveable Posts: 46 Member
    I lost 12 lbs in the first three weeks but right now I feel like garbage because I can barely eat and I am too tired to go to the store for foods I know I will not keep out of. I've lost all motivation to eat and I haven't been to the bathroom in over a week. So I can't say it's perfect, but when I get to the store it should improve.

It seems like the less I eat, the less I want to eat and then I feel like barfing so I "can't eat". It is not the diet, this was my bad. I keep being stuck up all night and sleep or feel like a zombie during store hours and that's not helping.
    I am too wired to just nap anymore. I will lay there with my eyes wide open for hours.

What I don't do is slip up or cheat, I respect myself too much to feel like a failure because I know that I would. So many people in the Facebook groups say they had potato wedges and Cheetos and stuff and I don't understand them. Either you do it or you don't because high fat with high carb will ruin your health.
    I am not sure you would consider this success lol. Right now it's more like "success lite".
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    I've went from 276 to 259 In 11 days with keto and intermittent fasting my only problem is I eat 1200 calories a day I'm 5'9 I dont know what else to add to my food any suggestions?
  • Erinloveable
    Are you sure 1200 is enough for a man, I was under the impression that it's the minimum amount for sedentary females. Try fat bombs and keto baked goods, they always pack a calorie punch.
    I made a mug cake the other day and it was over 400 calories.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Are you sure 1200 is enough for a man, I was under the impression that it's the minimum amount for sedentary females. Try fat bombs and keto baked goods, they always pack a calorie punch.
    I made a mug cake the other day and it was over 400 calories.

Its not enough, but what do you when you don’t feel like eating? Ive felt like often and its rough.

• Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    I lost 12 lbs in the first three weeks but right now I feel like garbage because I can barely eat and I am too tired to go to the store for foods I know I will not keep out of. I've lost all motivation to eat and I haven't been to the bathroom in over a week. So I can't say it's perfect, but when I get to the store it should improve.

It seems like the less I eat, the less I want to eat and then I feel like barfing so I "can't eat". It is not the diet, this was my bad. I keep being stuck up all night and sleep or feel like a zombie during store hours and that's not helping.
    I am too wired to just nap anymore. I will lay there with my eyes wide open for hours.

What I don't do is slip up or cheat, I respect myself too much to feel like a failure because I know that I would. So many people in the Facebook groups say they had potato wedges and Cheetos and stuff and I don't understand them. Either you do it or you don't because high fat with high carb will ruin your health.
    I am not sure you would consider this success lol. Right now it's more like "success lite".

Hey, just wanted to say that you should make sure you are getting your electrolytes in.... like A LOT of electolytes. I also know that not wanting to eat feeling. Days that I skip breakfast it is a lot worse so I suggest eating as regularly as you can and see if that helps with your appetite. I do low carb protein shakes during the week in the mornings. Its quick and easy, and helps me meet my protein goal.
  • Erinloveable
    Junebug: What do I do when I don't feel like eating? I massively undereat and feel like garbage, didn't you read my post haha

Re_Banana: You are right. Today I drank nothing but salt water with a squirt of sugar free lemonade crap to help disguise it and I feel a lot less like I am about to die. You ain't kidding, it's A LOT. I had 3 big glasses before I even made a dent.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Headed to the gym, folks. But I will be back in about 90 minutes....roughly. I have been doing Keto since February 01, 2018 and love it. But, that is me. Everyone is different. :-)