Anyone wants to loose less than 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    [/quote]

This says I’ll be 158 in 5 weeks so I’ll start with that[/quote]

Dont beat yourself up if you dont reach that. Just make proper adjustments, asks questions and do research.
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    KV621 wrote: »
    depends on how you want to look and where you will feel your best, create a vision for yourself. Make some small goals first and focus on those to start with.

This says I’ll be 158 in 5 weeks so I’ll start with that[/quote]

I'm 5'7" too and have also been the wide range of 120-170. I'm currently 140 but trying for 125. I don't know if it will work though bc a natural set point for our height is around 140.

I def need to be better about not snacking or backsliding if I feel like I've been "good" for awhile.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi!! 👋👋

Yes I'm looking to lose about 8kg (~17lbs)

Anyone feel free to add me! I've been sending out friend requests to everyone but no one has accepted an I'm feeling kinda defeated...

I've been a member since MFP pretty much started. Maintained for YEARS and was a cheerleader for so many friends here. Last year I slipped up though and gained ALL of the weight back (and then some) during my world travels and working as a chef. In dire need to get back to where I was!
  • NikaIris
    NikaIris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10-15 lbs (SW: 210, CW: 150, GW: 135-140) and it's really hard. ;)
  • williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KV621 wrote: »
    depends on how you want to look and where you will feel your best, create a vision for yourself. Make some small goals first and focus on those to start with.

This says I’ll be 158 in 5 weeks so I’ll start with that

I'm 5'7" too and have also been the wide range of 120-170. I'm currently 140 but trying for 125. I don't know if it will work though bc a natural set point for our height is around 140.

I def need to be better about not snacking or backsliding if I feel like I've been "good" for awhile. [/quote]

It starts with that vision I talked about and what you will do to get there. It will be hard but if you create that image and use it to remind yourself just as you are about to eat said food that you know will take you away, you will snap out of it and stay focused. Just dont think it's over once you get there, remember it's a lifestyle.

I will always preach this, even to myself, patience.
  • dtrain2171
    dtrain2171 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I can’t believe I got here but I want to lose 20... I lift 5 days a week so I’m sure some weight gain is muscle but I have a wicked snacking problem. If I don’t eat chocolate each day I think I might die. And salty snacks... sweets... awful. Just jumped back on today so hopefully I can maintain the good eating. I cooked 2 days worth of chicken and have been eating 5oz every few hours with a veggie. That’s a start.... I’ll have to start mixing it up in a week. Right now chicken is a no-brainer for me....
  • bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here from Poland! Is anyone else trying to lose less than 20 pounds? I want to lose around 7 kgs. I am pretty active, but I have problems with eating snacks, especially sweets. Anyone else like me here?

I have about 7kgs too. I am in Italy. My problem is doing good all day and eating at night. Please add me! Maybe we can help each other! :blush:
  • emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lose a pound then gain it back then lose it then gain it back.... I'm stuck arrrgggh. Want to lose 10 lbs. Think I am going to add resistance training as tired off a month of not getting very far. It's hard 😒
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me! I have about 14 left to go to reach my happy weight. However, wine makes me happy too. I am having an existential crisis...
  • tomorrowperfume
    tomorrowperfume Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I only have 9 pounds left to lose, but I also have a huge sweet tooth!
  • RichardG156
    RichardG156 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    12lb down 15lb to go. I'm terible with sweets and chocolate. However, I've jumped onto a low carb diet in the last two weeks and I can literally walk past them. It's a really strange feeling. But it is definitely working and I was the biggest skeptic. Feel free to add me and watch my progress. New to my fitnes pal this week. Rich
  • Starliya
    Starliya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes. I want to lose 11-13 more pounds, I started at first to try to lose 20 pounds...About half way there now.
  • lisagclonmel
    lisagclonmel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! I’ve been so bad lately just wanting sweet stuff and I can’t seem to get to my goal weight, about 10kg more to get there. Could use friends in the same boat :)
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose 15 pounds now. It's just seemingly taking so long. Good thing I'm patient. Or, maybe it's just that I never want to be up 90 pounds from where i am ever again.
  • emajarrett
    Options
    I'm tired stuck on my plateau so had my first pt session this morning for some strength training as hope some muscle building may kick start my sluggish metabolism. Plus two hours of tennis ... phew, however was feeling so smug then ate a huge piece of cake.... 😁😫.... I am my worse enemy. Trying to swap wine for g and t tonight.
  • emajarrett
    Options
    Ok weight loss sloooow but moving in the right direction. So I'm over half way towards my goal which is great. 7lbs to go. Friday is cake day so TGIF
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    emajarrett wrote: »
    I am making progress but sooooo slow. I'm now at 128lbs and goal is 120lbs so half way. Problem is hand in hand with my weight loss is loss of muscle .... worried I'm going to be slim wobbly jelly. Working crazy long hours so not sure how to fit in resistance training on top of cardio.

Cut your cardio workout in half and the other half resistance, or do circuits, that covers both. And with little to lose its best to take it slow, that will minimize the muscle loss.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here from Poland! Is anyone else trying to lose less than 20 pounds? I want to lose around 7 kgs. I am pretty active, but I have problems with eating snacks, especially sweets. Anyone else like me here?

OP welcome :smile: - that was my original goal too, and 6 years later its still history along with a few extra. Stick with it, eat at deficit, track those calories, moving a bit more helps and weight loss will follow :smile:

All the best.
  • sunface01
    sunface01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m in! Currently 140 with goal
    Weight of 124.. lost 3
    Lbs one week in. I struggle with weekends and lunch out. Love poke which is food but the chips with it are not. Also big fan of craft beer..
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello Neighbor! (I'm in Germany :) )
    I'm mostly using this to maintain and monitor fitness now, but a couple years ago I came here to lost about 8 kg going from 65 to 57 kg (I'm 175 cm). I maintain now at about 57-58 kg, and use the site to try to monitor my eating habits for health and performance, (I'm a bit of a sugar fiend as well).