Did anyone else start 30DS over the weekend?

Options
Hi all! I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred last Friday (12 August) and thought I'd see if anyone else had just started too! Seems like we might stick to it better if we know others are also suffering through it :smile:

Feel free to post here about how it's going for you, or feel free to add me as a friend! I have never made it more than a week through the Shred so I will need some motivation to stick with it!

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i started on august 8...i love it thus far, but im scared of starting level 2 in 3 days!!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have been sore constantly since starting, today was the first day that I can walk down a flight of stairs without hobbling!
  • bizy1
    bizy1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to commit to more than a week at a time, either. Count me in to 'virtually' partner with you over the next 30 days :)
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started Saturday. :)
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started the 10th. I thought I was going to die the first 3 days, but days 4 and 5 got easier.
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    I started the 10th. I thought I was going to die the first 3 days, but days 4 and 5 got easier.

I am very glad to hear this! I do feel less like I'm going to die today. For the record so that it's written down for me somewhere, my starting weight on Friday was 129.6. I haven't taken any measurements, but I did take some before pictures!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just got my DVD and I plan on starting today....

This will be my 3rd attempt...before I was using youtube clips and a print out of the exercises (I couldnt find the DVD anywhere in my country)....Now that I actually have the DVD I am really excited to give it one last go...
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    I started on first but broke down on day 9. Started today again. And I can't wait for level 2.
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    I'll be doing Day 4 when I get home from work tonight. Good luck ladies!
  • dxmancil
    dxmancil Posts: 17
    Options
    Started last week too! When are you supposed to move to level 2?
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started last Friday as well. This morning was Level 1, Day 4 for me. It's definitely gotten easier (note: easier NOT easy). I started out with only 3lb weights and I've now upped to 5lbs for some of the exercises.

I have to modify the cardio a bit because 1) I live in a small, very old house and don't want to shake everything off the shelf with all the jumping and 2) I usually workout after my daughter has gone to sleep and I don't want to wake her up. I can land softly enough with jumping jacks and the jump rope move, but the butt kickers are a bit too loud and jarring!

I've seen lots of 30DS posts and most folks recommend taking measurements upfront. Apparently there isn't always lots of weight lost with 30DS but definitely inches lost, so it's good to have both to track by.

Glad to have a place to check in!
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started it Sat and I am loving it!! I can FEEL it working! Yes, feel the burn. I have read so many great reviews that I thought I would see how it works for me!!

Good Luck to everyone!
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    Started last week too! When are you supposed to move to level 2?

you're supposed to do each level for ten days. Jillian doesn't mention taking a few rest days along the way, but it seems to me like it'd be a good idea to give those muscle groups a rest once a week or so. I'm just going to listen to my body and see how it goes - I finished L1D4 today and I feel great!
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    I started last Friday as well. This morning was Level 1, Day 4 for me. It's definitely gotten easier (note: easier NOT easy). I started out with only 3lb weights and I've now upped to 5lbs for some of the exercises.

I have to modify the cardio a bit because 1) I live in a small, very old house and don't want to shake everything off the shelf with all the jumping and 2) I usually workout after my daughter has gone to sleep and I don't want to wake her up. I can land softly enough with jumping jacks and the jump rope move, but the butt kickers are a bit too loud and jarring!

I've seen lots of 30DS posts and most folks recommend taking measurements upfront. Apparently there isn't always lots of weight lost with 30DS but definitely inches lost, so it's good to have both to track by.

Glad to have a place to check in!

good luck! I hate the first cardio session too, it's pretty rough on my knees and calves. I think it's okay to sub in other cardio moves as long as you keep moving!
  • angiematwij
    Options
    I have been trying several times. Started again tonight. I am determined to get through this 30 day. I am doing level 1 right now and it kicks my butt! Do you know how many calories you burn doing this 20 minute workout?
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    I have been trying several times. Started again tonight. I am determined to get through this 30 day. I am doing level 1 right now and it kicks my butt! Do you know how many calories you burn doing this 20 minute workout?

I log it as "circuit training, general" and MFP tells me I burn about 195 calories. How's everyone doing so far? Soreness going away yet?
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am still at it. I will start level 2 tomorrow. I peeked at it on Sat. There may be a few moves that I won't be able to do. We will see! But after 10 days of Level 1, I can say the soreness did go away and the workouts have gotten somewhat eaiser. I am not as winded!! BUT I still get the feeling that I've accomplished something at the end of each workout.:smile: